Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Jan 23, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Read this: It will help
    Almost every topic on here is about some sort of a breakup or something.

Think about it like this.. if 3 months from now or 6 months from now or even 2 years from now you haven't changed and made yourself better overall because you were waiting for someone to change or make up their mind then you will be stuck.

Can you honestly be cool with being the same person 2 years from now all because of some false hope and playing the waiting game?

Waiting does nothing more except keep your life still and you will never improve anything.

I know to everyone reading this they are like I am moving on, I am doing this. Myself included don't lie to yourself. You need to take a hard line stance and look yourself in the mirror and say tomorrow will be better because I will make it better.
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Jan 23, 2007, 12:27 PM
    My ex and I still liked each other when we broke up, we broke up because of circumstances.

What I realize today, is that while I'm sitting around waiting for him to change his mind, he's probably busy trying to forget me, trying to stop liking me. He's busy enjoying his life without me. He's moving on, while I'm sitting here dwelling on the past.

I should just start moving my lazy bum too. I have to admit to myself that it's over, and move on. I have to face reality. I have to stop worrying, and hoping. I should just let thing flow. And I advice everyone here to do the same.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Jan 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
    I am in your same boat. Me and my ex went long distance and it became too much because it had become way too serious and neither of us could bare that responsibility with her being still in school and myself having a new job and a new city.

Although I know she still loves me and I do her... I will not sit here and wait. She has a new boyfriend and I assume she is happy and I will not try to figure out how she is thinking. I can only control me. You need just understand that everyone breaks up everyone you are not alone. Look in the papers on TV your friends, and on here. There are many people going through the same thing but the ones that succeed aren't the ones that just jump into another relationship or deal with their problems the wrong way or sit around and mope and wonder what could have been or that this person will come back. They rarely come back and if they do most of the time the other person is so far from them they don't even want them back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

~*please Read*~ [ 26 Answers ]

Hey you. I know that this is proably asked a lot and I know that you aren't doctors and can't for sure tell me.. but I'm only 17 and I'm scared. I've been having sex with my boyfriend and I was worried that I was pregnant from having some of the symptoms, o and I'm an idiot because we never use...

How to read her? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, Well, this is my situation. I have known a girl very distantly for around two years, we were previously both in very long term relationships, but I always admired her from afar, and had a very platonic email correspondence with her. Anyway, recently I split from my girlfriend of 7...

*** Please Read This Before Posting *** [ 0 Answers ]

We're glad you found us - and we're sure you'll find the members here quite informative. A couple important notes: 1. Read the Posting Rules. Disparaging comments to or about other members will not be tolerated. Use the Report Inappropriate Post feature (it appears with every post) to make...

View more questions Search