Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    totous Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 01:24 PM
    how to find the thickness of aluminum foil in atoms?
    mass 0.49g density 2.70g/cm^3 size of alumminum atom is 2.5*10^8cm length=12 cm
    width =12cm
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Apr 6, 2011, 02:29 PM
    In order to answer that question, you need to answer three simpler questions. If you get stuck on one of them, let us know. Somebody will give you further guidance.

1) If 1 cm^3 of aluminum weighs 2.7g, how many cm^3 do you have in 0.49g?

2) Once you know the volume of aluminum you have, how thick does a 12cm x 12cm sheet have to be in order to comprise that much volume?

3) Once you know the thickness in cm, how many atoms does at take to span that distance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If 8.1g of aluminum metal occupies 3.0mL, what is the density of aluminum? [ 1 Answers ]

If 8.1g of aluminum metal occupies 3.0mL, what is the density of aluminum?

Aluminum foil in locked cabinet at store [ 1 Answers ]

Why are all the boxes of aluminum foil in a locked cabinet at my local store?

My dog just ate aluminum foil [ 3 Answers ]

She just did. It wasn't a big piece I don't think. She was outside and I think she was just licking it and when I came out she swallowed like a 2x2 inch piece. What should do?

Determine the thickness of aluminum foil. [ 1 Answers ]

Question: Determine the thickness ( in cm) of a rectangular piece of aluminum foil that is 17.0 inches long and 3.0 inches wide, with a mass of 2.21 grams. The density of aluminum is 2.70 ( g/ cm^3 I need to see the complete problem broken down to understand how to do this problem! I am stuck...

What is the thickness of a piece of aluminum foil in atoms? URGENT! [ 4 Answers ]

I need HELP with this problem IMMEDIATELY so PLEASE help me..! We r supposed 2 try 2 figure out the thickness of a piece of foil in ATOMS (I know, ridiculous? When is this going 2 help me in life?! ) we were given a paragraph on background info, and our teacher said not all of it was able to be...

View more questions Search