Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roohollah Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 08:19 AM
    How should I maintain swimming pool in a good condition ?
    Dear sophisticated Reader,

I have faced with the question recently ,which I try to find out more information about it .The question is how long the pool's pump must be worked to clean the water ?

Many thanks for any help,

Roohollah
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 09:31 AM

Knowing the size of the pool and the size of the filter is necessary.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 10:01 AM

That and the number of persons per day who will be using the pool as well as location. You might save yourself some time by calling a local pool store. Is this in ground or above ?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2011, 04:49 AM
    Buy yourself a Taylor test kit and get familiar once you learn how to use it just keep all of the chemicals in balance. What kind of filter do you have?

Apr 7, 2011, 05:14 AM
    Go to this website it will help you learn to keep the chemicals in balance. http://www.havuz.org/
    And buy the necessary chemicals. Some tools you will need are a 8 ft pole that telescopes to 16 ft(only extend it about halfway out) a pool brush a vacuum head and a 50ft vacuum hose with one end that swivels.
    Ideally you should do what I am about to tell you at least once a week if not twice. Vacuum the pool completely, if you have valves at you equipment switch them so that you can pull mostly from the main drain and brush the entire pool down while pushing the brush towards the main drain. Then leaf rake and surface debris out. Then check your chemicals and balance your pool. Reason why I do that in that order is because if you need to add some chemicals in sometimes they will make the water cloudy for a few hours.

Apr 7, 2011, 05:15 AM
    If you have a time clock set it to run 6 hours on 6 off 6 on 6 off, that'll keep the water turned over and look relatively good
    Roohollah Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 11:25 AM
    Dear Sophisticated friends,

Thank all of you for taking the time to answer me .Indeed , those answers are very helpful to me .So,I have learned many things from all of you.

Thanks for all help,

Roohollah

Apr 7, 2011, 03:50 PM
    Another thing if you have coping on the pool keep it caulked because 80% of the renovation work I do is due to a lack of caulking. Once the water gets down in there it has no where to go and eventually it will cause the beam to deterioate causing the tile and coping and plaster to breakup as well. And another if you start seeing concrete through the plaster it's time to get your pool replastered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shock from swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

Just installed salt generator in swimming pool and now we are receiving a small

Swimming Pool Light [ 3 Answers ]

If I remove the swimming pool light, is it necessary to still ground the slide and the steps?

Swimming Pool Lights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my wife and I have just bought a villa with a pool, So we are not yet clued up! When the pool was partly drained for the winter we noticed water in the light fittings. The pool man said this is OK. Is it OK? Chewp :confused:

Landlord is sell the house and wants us to maintain it in show-ready condition [ 6 Answers ]

We live in Southern California. We were just asked by the landlord’s realtor if she could show the house this afternoon at 5:00PM to another realtor. This call came as a shock because we signed a one year lease in Nov 2007, with anticipation of renewing the lease for another year, and if all...

Swimming Pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a peanut shaped pool 20x40 (3-8ft.) with a water fall in the middle and 4 deck jets. Two in each corner. Iam thing 2 skimmers and 4 returns? Also I would need an auto water leveler and suction for cleaning system. Looking for a drawing on how to plumb. There is no heater or spa. 2...

View more questions Search