Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimsueray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Per Diem
    As an employer, we pay per diem. I know I do not report it on their 1099's, but where would I claim it on our company tax return?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Labor Expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is per diem taxable? [ 18 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me if per diem is taxable? My brother took a job this past year and half his salary is per diem, as he travels daily. He receives a monthly expense allotment for which he submits receipts. His per diem is for meals and accommodations only. Of course, he has asked me to...

Per Diem for Contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I am employed by a VA based staffing company and at present I am working as a contractor at CA. I hold H1B visa and my legal status in the U.S. is non resident alien. Due to nature of my job, I am required to relocate at least twice a year. My question is that if I am working on an assignment which...

Per Diem and W-2's [ 1 Answers ]

I had been advised in the past to include per diem to my drivers on their W-2's. Can anyone tell me which line item the per diem amount goes on the W-2? Do I have to list this amount as Per Diem paid on the W-2 also? I am assuming so but just not sure where exactly to put the amount paid to the...

H1B and per diem and no w2 [ 1 Answers ]

H1B holder basic salary is paid in home country by home country employer who is in joint venture with H1B sponsor. Visa holder receives per diem amount in the US. He has not received any W2 or the like for 2005? What is his income for filing? Can he exclude the per diem payment? He is not from a...

View more questions Search