Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dl8981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 05:40 PM
    Divorcing after long separation when one party is not in agreement
    How can I go about a divorce after a 20 year separation when the other party is not in agreement?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 5, 2011, 05:46 PM

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 06:51 PM

Hire a good attorney, since if the two parties will not agree, the other will have to force the judge to order it, against the agreement of the other

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a separation agreement drafted by a lawyer required when removing one spouse off t [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separating, we have a house and small child. We have prepared own separation agreement that we agreed on. In this agreement, he has agreed to leave me the house it contents (I am not selling the house) I will also have sole custody of our child. I will be hiring a lawyer (the banks...

Rights of third party not on rental agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into a house my boyfriend has rented for 4 years about a year ago. He has a verbal agreement with the landlord who has sued him for eviction and damages. I went to court with him and signed a page to say I would leave as well. I had no lease agreement and never met the landlord, I just...

Long separation [ 4 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been separated for almost two years - my income does not have room for any extraneous expenses. Are there resources to get an uncontested divorce without all the overwhelming legal fees? The only financial item we share is my student loan with my spouse as the co-signer... bad...

Real Estate in Separation Agreement [ 9 Answers ]

My wife and I are separating. It's amicable. We agreed that if I assumed all the household debt, mortgage, credit cards, college loans, etc. I could also have the house. The title and mortgage are in both our names. I think I understand what a quit deed is, but is the language in the separation...

How long after separation? [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, but here’s another married man question. I met this man at a work function just over a year ago, we got along famously - and struck up a friendship – but the attraction was obvious. I asked him if he had a wife, and he answered that regretfully he did - but that he had been unhappy for a...

View more questions Search