Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranger948 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Can funeral & other expenses be paid from a life insurance policy?
    A person's "estate" is a vague term to me... if a person does not have much in his "estate," will an insurance policy cover funeral and other expenses?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2011, 03:05 PM

Don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if the proceeds of the decedent's life policy can be used to pay funeral expenses? That would depend on the beneficiary. Or are you asking if provisions can be made by the policy holder for a set-aside to cover funeral expenses, or are you asking if a funeral home will accept assignment of a life policy for their charges?

An excellent and cost free resource for information on this topic is a funeral home. They are always anxious to assist in such matters and understand all of the steps and procedures, whether pre-or postmortem.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 03:11 PM

Back in the olden days, new parents would buy insurance policies as "burial insurance" (naming themselves as beneficiaries) in case the child would die.

If someone named me as beneficiary, when he died, I would be hard-pressed to give up some of the insurance money to bury him.

Whoever is named as beneficiary would need to be told by the person who bought the policy and named him that burying the deceased is one of the requirements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can funeral expenses come from estate if paid by life insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

If an Insurance policy paid for the funeral. Does the person who is the beneificary of the policy get there funeral expenses back from the estate?

Is there any help for funeral expenses when a young family has a death and no life in [ 3 Answers ]

My nephew is 26 and has terminal cancer.He is married and the father of three small children.They have no life insurance.Are there any programs or organizations that can help.Time is a real issue here.Thanks

How do I book insurance expenses that are not paid for yet but we are liable for? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I book annual insurance costs that are billed on an annual basis but are paid either monthly or quarterly?

Life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

Will the insurance company deduct any taxes on a life insurance policy? Is the year end taxable?

View more questions Search