Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastorval Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 12:45 PM
    I lived in my home for 7yrs,landlord and bank has abandoned property I want to buy it
    I have lived in my home for 7yrs, the individual (landlord) who originally leased the property to me for use as a group home is no where to be found. The bank who is shown as the owner is no longer in existence. I have searched for the last six years to no avail, to get information and all roads lead to a dead end. I RESEARCH THE APPRASIAL DISTRICT AND TAX OFFICE. The taxes are behind and I would love to have the property placed in the ministries name especially with the major investments made in the property. How do I gain ownership?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorval View Post
    ...The bank who is shown as the owner is no longer in existence. I have searched for the last six years to no avail, to get information and all roads lead to a dead end. ...
    Banks don't just go out of existence. It may have been absorbed by another bank. Contact the FDIC &/or the banking regulatory agency in your state.

Or maybe we can research it for you. What is the name of the bank and what city and state was it located in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Define abandoned - landlord has right of access if premises abandoned KRS 383.615 [ 4 Answers ]

Lease requires tenant to notify landlord or its representatives if not occupying the premises for more than 1 week (e.g. vacation). Tenant has not been seen for more than 2 weeks. In KY, KRS 383.615 allows landlord access if tenant abandons or surrenders the premises. What defines abandon in...

Want to buy neighbors abandoned home [ 3 Answers ]

I want tp purchase the home across the street from me. I know the owners. The man died 10 yrs ago and the woman has been in an unknown nursing home for 5 years now. They have no children and no living relatives. They are the current title owners and there is no mortgage. This home is in poor...

How to Buy an abandoned home [ 1 Answers ]

I live in eastern NC: I would like to know who do you contact to buy a abandoned home. I have drove past this house for 7 years and it's just sitting there empty and unused. I already have land I just need to find a house that is movable on my property.

Landlord selling leased home, can I ask them to buy me out of my lease to relocate? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 4 months into a 12 month Lease. The landlord seems to be under the impression I must leave when the house is sold. I would like to know my rights on asking them to buy me out of my lease so I can take the money to find another home for me and my family, of 4 children. The landlord called me...

How do I buy a cheap forclosed or bank owned home? [ 3 Answers ]

I need help my husband and I are just starting to look for a house in the area and we wanted to look at foreclosed and bank owned first. How do we go about looking at them and even buying them? We live in Kentucky and I don't know what the rules are about this if anybody knows please help......

View more questions Search