Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 09:26 AM
    My puppies keep dying after three days being born does any one know why?
    My pomeranean dog has had 2 lits. Now and they both keep dying about three days after birth. She cleans and feeds them but for some reason at night time she gets really stressed and that's when they usually either dye or she eats them.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2011, 09:28 AM

I'd stop breading the dog first of all, and second, when new puppies are born I'd have a vet see them and the mother dog immediately.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 11:20 AM

Definitely need a lot more info here.

Where is the whelping box being kept?
    How old is the b*tch?

B*tches will kill and often eat their puppies for a number of reasons, illness, stress, no maternal instinct, the list goes on.

2 litters is more than enough to put her through, I would highly suggest spaying at this point, something is obviously amiss.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2011, 07:20 AM

It could be a multitude of things, could be a psychological problem with the B***h it could be a genetic or inherited problem with the pups, or even the dam, it could be a genetic or inherited defect from the sire's side of the family.
    A responsible breeder would realize breeding dogs is not 100% safe, things do and can and will happen. Everything from mastitis to losing pups or even the mother. Please stop breeding your dog, she doesn't deserve it, emotionally or physically. And please get her fixed. Also, maybe you should take any remaining pups and the dam to the vet immediately.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 01:49 PM

I don't have much to add here, either then I think it's time to get her spayed. 2 litters and she has killed them both off is sure sign she is not meant to breed. Do you have a breeding mentor, or had both sire and b!tch tested for genetic defects before breeding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are my puppies dying [ 14 Answers ]

My pit had puppies three days ago and last night I checked on them and one was what looked to be dead so I took her and force fed her milk. After about two hrs she began to suck and try nursing. I took her back to mom to eat and she was dead this morning. I have three other puppies that are doing...

New born puppies [ 1 Answers ]

What can I put on my new born puppies to keep nats and flies off them?

Are puppies born with fleas [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if puppies are really born with fleas, or do the get them from the mother, my staffy as just had her first litter & she herself as no fleas as I treat her regularly so will her puppies.:)

New born puppies infested with fleas [ 1 Answers ]

My Dog Just Had Her First Litter On Sept. 16 And The New Born Puppies Are Infested With Fleas Left And Right. My Husband And I Sat And Try To Pick Them Off One By One But For Some Reason For Every Flea We Pick There Is 3 More And So On. What Is The Best Way To Rid These Fleas From My New Born...

New born puppies with swollen bellies why [ 2 Answers ]

The mother dog this is her first litter she's ate the cord way down could this be the cause or what. Just found one dead. Its at night no vet open. Mother dog is in great health. Was checked for worms not long ago.

View more questions Search