Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 09:21 AM
    The Sheep
    At the Funeral Mass for my friend Ken this morning, the Gospel reading was the parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew 25.

A portion of the homily was uniquely simple and moving, so I thought I'd share it.

A portion of the Scripture is:

37...'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 “The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

A woman who lived in extreme poverty one day got a letter in the mail. It was a simple one liner:

I'd like to come over for dinner tonight, Sincerely, Jesus

"Oh, dear", she thought. "I have nothing to feed him!".

She scrambled in the couch cushions, and the bottom of her purse, and found a couple bucks in change. She got a loaf of bread from the day old store, and a few slices of baloney and cheese from the grocery.

On her way home, there was a homeless couple at the edge of an alley.

"Can you spare something to eat for my wife and I", the man asked her as she walked by.

"No, I'm sorry, but this is all I have - and I have a guest coming for dinner tonight", the woman replied. And she walked on.

After a few steps, she turned around and went back to the couple.

She gave her bread and baloney to the couple. And noticing that they were both cold, she said "Here, take my coat. I have another one at home".

When she got home there was a note on the door:

Thank you for the wonderful dinner and the coat for my wife, Sincerely, Jesus.

Ken gave all he had, of both his time and his money, to his family, friends, Church and countless good causes.

He was not the "preachy" type but preached and lived the Gospel always - whether he was talking or not.

Thank you to all who have have included, or will include, Ken and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Check out some similar questions!

Sheep Placenta ? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about Sheep Placenta? I keep hearing great things about it. Im 23 and I want to use it to keep myself looking young, but I'm not sure! Does it really keep you young? Anyone had success with the pills or cream? And also anyone know anything about Pearl Powder.. I heard...

What is the Waste of the sheep? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the Waste of the sheep?

Sheep plancenta [ 1 Answers ]

How often one needs to inject sheep placenta to keep looking young ? Is taking sheep plancenta capsule orally helpful ?

New to buying sheep [ 1 Answers ]

We are owners of one girl sheep one girl goat and one chicken, we are looking to buy 2 new 8 month old girl sheep, what should we look for so we don't introduce any disease to our girls now. This is very important to me, beause I have learned how difficult it is to get rid of hoof rot. Please...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.