Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hibou Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 5, 2011, 05:49 AM
    'OPEN VPNTRAY.EXE has stopped Working ' Windows Error Message
    I have enjoyed using the VPN Programme 'Anchorfree Expat Shield'( which provides a UK IP address)for some considerable time with no problem.S
    Suddenly the programme will not launch and I get the Windows error message:-

'Open vpntray.exe has stopped working'

Windows then searches for a solution with no success and I am unable to resolve the problem
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 5, 2011, 05:57 AM
    Try a system restore back a few days to when it last worked correctly.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 5, 2011, 07:32 AM
    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the application, remember to record any settings you used.
    hibou Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 7, 2011, 12:43 AM
    Previously reinstalled without change.Could not restore system as all prvious restore points had disappeared.
    Then found that other media player programmes were showing similar 'Stopped Working' messages and one which reported it had crashed on startup.
    Reluctantly decided to reformat Windows!
    Thanks to both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not open adobe - error message app name: acrord32.exe app ver: 10.0.0.396 [ 0 Answers ]

I can not open adobe from either email or desktop. The error message: AppName: acrord32.exe appVer: 10.0.0.396 modname: acrord32.dll modver: 10.0.0.407 offset: 00187035. Adobe reader X Windows xp home edition

RVHost.exe error message windows xp [ 7 Answers ]

I'm getting the following error message: Windows cannot find RVHost.exe,make sure you typed the name correctly... Most likely it is a virus! Could you please advise on how to remove it? Thanks.

I'm getting the following error message: Windows cannot find RVHost.exe,make sure you [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting the following error message: Windows cannot find RVHost.exe,make sure you typed the name correctly...

Error Message - MOM.exe [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm getting an error message when I log on called MOM.exe anyone have any ideas about what it is and what I could do to get rid of it?

Wandrv.exe - error message [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I log-on, this error message pops up at startup and Im not sure how to get rid of it (wandrv.exe) PLEASE LEAVE ME SOME ADVICE Thanks

View more questions Search