Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SandiJ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
    How do I delete an added account that has been hacked and belongs to my daughter?
    Diva8989
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 4, 2011, 01:27 PM
    Please clarify your question.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 5, 2011, 07:29 AM
    Is this a local account on a computer or is it an account on a website?
    If it is on a computer I would run a AV scan then change the password to a hard password. Passwords to other accounts on the computer should be changed also.
    User accounts can be managed by going to Controle Pannel then User Accounts (on a Windows computer) There you can change passwords, delete or modify the permissions of accounts. Removing administrative rights from your main use account is a good idea this makes it a little more challenging for the bad guys to get through. Also never raise permissions on your account (type in your password to let some program make changes to the hard drive) unless you are installing software or doing some other task that makes changes to the hard drive. By using a separate admin account to install software and run utilities you can surfe more secure from a standard or limited account.

Apr 5, 2011, 07:35 AM
    This is a computer account
    What's an AV Scan?

Apr 5, 2011, 07:38 AM
    Comment on cmeeks's post
    This is a computer account
    What's an AV Scan?
    EyeNoNothing Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2011, 01:19 PM
    AV = antivirus, good spyware bot program is a good idea as well, Microsoft Security essentials or Malwarebytes both available at no charge.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
    AV scan means to run an full antivirus scan, If it is the account on the computer that has been compromised a change of the password and a good scan for viruses and malware should make the account secure again. Remember to use a password that is not a word or easily guessed. If you feel it necessary the account can be deleted through the Control Panel and the User Accounts application

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail account hacked? [ 7 Answers ]

Someone signed in, in my name on msn today. Now I am trying to change my password,I have tried to upload the http://accountservices.passport.net/ page.It isn't loading. I am able to sign in to my hotmail inbox,but I can't seem to find any link to change my password. Please HELP! Thank...

E-Mail Account Hacked [ 1 Answers ]

Friends My Yahoo Email was hacked by some unknown person & changed the password please help me to retrieve the password of my Email Account & tell me through which software I kan retrieve my password back.I have forgotten all secret information which I fillup during creation of my Mail account......

View more questions Search