Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TraceyDucky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Wedding Dress Colour
    I am getting married in a garden in Portugal, with a white house as a backdrop.
    The wedding will take place in Mid March.
    I have found the perfect dress but it comes in lots of colours.
    I do not want to wear traditional white.
    I have mousy brown hair, which will have red, gold & copper highlights.
    I have slightly tanned skin and greeny-grey eyes.
    I am a size 16.
    Any suggestions on which colour I should wear?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Personally, if I had your coloring, I'd go with a green or a gold color. I think that white actually wouldn't be as flattering.

What time of year are you getting married? That may determine acceptable shades of each of the colors. Of course... it's YOUR wedding. You should wear whatever you like!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 09:12 AM
    I was going to say gold too, to be honest if you can go try them on it's the only way your going to know...
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Feb 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I think I agree, gold or maybe a turquoise colour, uhh, nothing really dark, no purples except lilacs , but its your wedding so don't let anyone talk you out of anything that yOU don't like
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Green would bring out your eyes and compliment your hair. Throwing my two cents in. Whatever you wear will be beautiful. Best of all to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

I need help finding a semi-formal dress for wedding [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 56 years old. I have gained weight so that I now have a dilemma when it comes to choosing a dress! I need a semi-formal dress to wear to two weddings actually. My problem is that my measurements are now 40-42-53. If I find a dress that fits my bustline, it's not big enough for my hips....

I need help with picking a dress. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a sophomore and I am going to my boyfriends schools semi-formal winter carnival dance. I don't want to be to dressed up since I don't know many of the people there. I am 5' 4", brownish hair, brown eyes, freckles, and kind of tan but not really. And I like darker colors. I also am not looking...

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search