Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylyfe Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 11:22 AM
    My mother threatened to put me up for adoption and I'm 16 years old
    I am a 16 year old girl that has always had problems with my mother.My father left and my mom got a boyfriend and now she is married to him. I am like like my mothers stress reliever, everyday she comes home she starts arguing with me and she never fails in hurting my feelings by saying hurtful things.recently we got into this colosal argument about me procrastinating about my volenteer hours and from then on we have stopped talking. Then one day I took my brother to the library without telling anyone and I also took him to burger king for lunch and when I came home she threatened to put me up for adoption right after she said that she was beginning to dislike me, when she said this I didn't even start crying and I actually went on the internet to llok up families willing to adopt a 16 year old because I heard that it was hard for a teen to get adopted.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 11:32 AM

Yes, mylife, it is difficult to find adoption for a teen. You can only believe they are empty threats. She probably wouldn't take the time to start the whole process of adoption, and I don't think she will get anywhere anyway.

All things pass. Is she under a lot of stress lately for any particular reason ?

Tick
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 11:33 AM

It's a horrible feeling to think you are not loved.

But what immediately caught my eye was your saying you took your little brother to the library and BK without telling anyone. Does your mother think you are trying to be too grown up and that's why she's on your case?

Apr 4, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Yes she is but its like everyone says that I'm the one causing her to be stressed

Apr 4, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    My grandfather drove me there so actually someone did know where I was going
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 11:40 AM

Does your mom like to know where you are and where your little brother is, even if you two are out with Grandpa? I sure would. I'm thinking she's thinking "irresponsible"? Are there other things like that (like the procrastinating), and she has gotten upset?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 11:41 AM

Hi again mylyfe, can you please use the 'reply' feature when you want to reply to us. It is much easier and more comprehensive for us to use as well.

Who is 'everyone' telling you that you are the reason she is stressed? You seem to be a pretty decent kid from what I see in your posts. You are almost an adult, give or take a few years, maybe that is what is worrying her, losing you and she can't handle it and her reaction is completely the opposite. When was the last time you two had a loving mom/daughter conversation ? Can you try and sit down and sort this out with you being the initiator?

Tick

Apr 4, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I'm sorry tickle I could not find the reply feature I'm sure that that is one of the problems and that mother/daughter thing that your referring to is unheard of between my mother and I

Apr 4, 2011, 11:52 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I admit that it was a little irresponsible but the adoption thing and talking about my father in a negative way is uncalled for to me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 11:52 AM

The reply thing is the Answer box below the most recent post.

Are you angry that your mom left your dad and married this other guy?

Apr 4, 2011, 11:57 AM
    I am furious he left when I was about 2 years old and I don't remember much about him I don't even know why he left
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mylyfe View Post
    i am furious he left when i was about 2 years old and i dont remember much about him i dont even know why he left
    Thanks for finding the Answer box!! Yay!!

It must really hurt, then, when your mom disses him or says bad things about him to you -- and you definitely lose respect for her.

Apr 4, 2011, 12:25 PM
    To be honest with you I'm slowely losing respect for almost everyone around me I feel so alone all my family is on my mothers side and they all blame me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mylyfe View Post
    to be honest with you im slowely losing respect for almost everyone around me i feel so alone all my family is on my mothers side and they all blame me.
    I'm sorry to hear that! Blame you for what? Weren't you very small when your parents' marriage ended?

Apr 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
    They were not married and they blame me for my mom being stressed out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 12:47 PM

Her being stressed out now? Do they give examples for why she is stressed, like, you don't help around the house or you talk back to her?

Apr 4, 2011, 12:58 PM
    I can't talk back to her and I try my best to stay out of her way
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 01:07 PM

So what's supposedly stressing her about you?

And just between you and me, what do YOU think the external thing is that is stressing her? Or does a lot of her stress come from inside her, that she's creating her own misery?

Apr 4, 2011, 01:11 PM
    To me I think she stresses herself out by overreacting about stupid stuff and probably at work and when she comes home all that balled up anger is released on me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 01:17 PM

Since you've known her all your life :) and seem really good at figuring her out, what do you think would improve her mood, say, when she comes home from work? Is there something you could do to sweeten her life then?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put myself up for adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am soooo sad! My mom is being kind of mean to me, and I want to be put up for adoption. My mom doesn't really care, but my dad said no in a split second! Help?

My sons name is not been put on the birth certifecate.. mother put down father unknown [ 5 Answers ]

Can my son get his name put on his child's birth certifecate... The mother has put down father unknown when she knows his the father... being a first time grand mother it hurts... can the mother do this and lie Many thanks Elaine

Can somebody help me?. how I can put myself up for adoption [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to put myself up for adoption and don't know how

Mother Lives Rent Free, Threatened to Take Our Son [ 8 Answers ]

My mother has lived with us since 2003; it was supposed to be temporary while she caught up on bills. Long story short, she is finanically irresponsible & cannot support herself, and she has no other options. She has never paid rent, utilities, or anything else. Every great once in a while she...

View more questions Search