Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylyfe Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 01:19 PM
    And I think that's the problem I don't care much for her feelings since she has raptured mine
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 01:22 PM

True, but since you still live there with her, why not decide to try to improve HER life somehow, even in a small way, because that will improve YOUR life if she's in a better mood.

Does she hope you will have dinner started, the table set, your little brother in a good mood because you have played with him or read to him?

Apr 4, 2011, 01:25 PM
    No she does not
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 01:27 PM

Do you know how to improve her mood when she comes home?

Apr 4, 2011, 01:31 PM
    I don't really try to I just avoid her
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 01:36 PM

You're really angry, aren't you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 03:49 PM

Yes, I get that from the OP. She is really angry and not willing to compromise, but that is what being l6 is all about. OP is following normal patterns, but in her situation is is far more difficult because there is something here that is behind the scenes that is not being talked about.

I can almost see OP's face when WW asks her questions about the situation at home; so OP, and I am sorry I am being clinical here, has to open up about what the major issue is.

Until then, there is nothing left to be said, because WW and OP are going around in circles.

Just my opinion from observations between all posts (comments) whatever and to be quite frank, this conversation can't go along until OP divulges to us what the real problem is. And I think I know what it is.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 10:05 AM

It's anger. My guess is that the stepfather is now taking up part of the mother's life, the child is rebelling, the situation is imploding. Mom is out of patience; daughter is out of patients; family is involved.

I wonder if the children have the same father - ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It's anger. My guess is that the stepfather is now taking up part of the mother's life, the child is rebelling, the situation is imploding. Mom is out of patience; daughter is out of patients; family is involved.

I wonder if the children have the same father - ?
    Judy, this is not what I imagined at all; I was thinking more along the lines of mom being jealous of her daughter around her stepfather. Perhaps the step father has been giving the daughter some attention.

Perhaps the OP hasn't recognized this attention is being unwarranted affection, but mom has, therefore, it is now a problem of two women and one man in the household.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Judy, this is not what I imagined at all; I was thinking more along the lines of mom being jealous of her daughter around her stepfather. Perhaps the step father has been giving the daughter some attention.

Perhaps the OP hasnt recognized this attention is being unwarranted affection, but mom has, therefore, it is now a problem of two women and one man in the household.

tick

Could be - I'm thinking one mom, two focuses.

Hope OP comes back - to answer questions AND let us know how she is coping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put myself up for adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am soooo sad! My mom is being kind of mean to me, and I want to be put up for adoption. My mom doesn't really care, but my dad said no in a split second! Help?

My sons name is not been put on the birth certifecate.. mother put down father unknown [ 5 Answers ]

Can my son get his name put on his child's birth certifecate... The mother has put down father unknown when she knows his the father... being a first time grand mother it hurts... can the mother do this and lie Many thanks Elaine

Can somebody help me?. how I can put myself up for adoption [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to put myself up for adoption and don't know how

Mother Lives Rent Free, Threatened to Take Our Son [ 8 Answers ]

My mother has lived with us since 2003; it was supposed to be temporary while she caught up on bills. Long story short, she is finanically irresponsible & cannot support herself, and she has no other options. She has never paid rent, utilities, or anything else. Every great once in a while she...

View more questions Search