Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeeKeeMee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 09:19 AM
    How to file an attachment against a bank account?
    I have a certified copy of a Final Judgment and I want to file an attachment/garnishment on the defendants 'fictitious business' account. The problem is the defendant never registured the 'fictitious' name and the sheriff needs the fictitious business name statement to serve the Writ on the account. What can I do?
    Edy020 Posts: 72, Reputation: 14

Apr 11, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Unless you can get a judgement against the individual owner of the business, there is not much that you can do. All you need really is to prove that it is a sole proprietorship, and that the business and the owner are one in the same.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Edy020 View Post
    Unless you can get a judgement against the individual owner of the business, there is not much that you can do. All you need really is to prove that it is a sole proprietorship, and that the business and the owner are one in the same.

You are - again - absolutely incorrect.

The OP needs to go BACK to Court and require full financial disclosure from the Defendant.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2011, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeKeeMee View Post
    I have a certified copy of a Final Judgment and I want to file an attachment/garnishment on the defendants 'fictitious business' account. The problem is the defendant never registured the 'fictitious' name and the sheriff needs the fictitious business name statement to serve the Writ on the account. What can I do??
    Who is the judgment against? Is it against the business or the individual?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 07:18 PM

It is not easy to open a bank account under a "business name" without some proof of the business, proof of a business license, incorporation or something,
    Have you searched for a business license, but you may have to take them back to court to provide documents about his bank accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank account attachment [ 5 Answers ]

A creditor placed an attachment on my bank account. The amount of the garnishment has been taken out of my account but the account is still frozen. How long does it take for the creditor to receive these funds and for them to release the attachment? It has been over a week and I have no access...

Bank account money attachment [ 6 Answers ]

I found that in Texas you can send a simple letter telling your bank not to honor any money Attachments from your bank account by anyone but the IRS and court approved depentdent Support payments. The Texas bank is then not entitled, by law to attach any bank funds. Is This also true in Arizona?...

Attachment of Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New York and tried to use my ATM card today but was denied for insufficient funds. Upon calling the bank, I found that a creditor had attached our bank account. My husband is retired and receiving his pension, SS disability, and VA disability. The SS check is directly deposited, but the...

Attachment of Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

My bank account was attached and I received no notice from my bank. The basis for the attachment was a claim over 10m years old. What should I do? Can then bank do this? Can a creditor attach on a claim this old?

Bank Account Attachment [ 4 Answers ]

I recently had a judgment against me and got served a notice of Judgement. I have a bank account that is in myself and my boyfriends name. My question is: can they legally take money out of this account or freeze and take my boyfriends money that he deposits on there if we are not married? And if...

View more questions Search