Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peaceful9321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 07:38 AM
    need help with this homework problem
    Griffin Inc has authorized 500,000 shares of 10%, $10 par value, cumulative preferred stock. There were 100,000 shares issued and outstanding at all times during 2010. The firm also has authorized 5 million shares of $1 common stock, with 4 million shares issued and outstanding.

On January 2, 2010, Griffin Inc. acquired an asset, a piece of specialized heavy equipment for $8 million with a capital lease. The lease contract indicates that the term of the lease is eight years. Payments of $1.5 M are to be made each Dec 31. The lease payment was made December 31, 2010 and consisted of $1 million principal and $0.5 M of interest expense. The capital lease is depreciated using the straight-lime method over eight years with zero salvage value.

Required:
    Assuming that the equip was acquired using a capital lease, identify and analyze the effect of the acquisition, depreciation, and lease payment.

I need the required question answered, having trouble with it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 07:52 AM

AMHD does not do homework. "We" ask that you post your answer and then someone will come along with an opinion.

You have no idea where to start with this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone please help me with this homework problem? All A's Company (a calendar why [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this homework problem? All A's Company (a calendar year company) purchased a debenture of High Rate, Inc. on 4/1/CY (CY = current year). Relevant data to these bonds were as follows: Face $100,000 Interest Payments Semi-annual Coupon 6% Anniversary 1-Jan-10...

Homework language homework [ 1 Answers ]

You see well I have this homeworkassighmentthat isdo first thing in the morning so all I ask is that you write down some words in azorean langugauge! Words: Pencil Sharpener Paper Crayon Pen Binder

Advanced accounting homework problem [ 0 Answers ]

Problem 10-7 in Advanced Accounting Concepts & Practice by Arnold J. Pahler, 9th edition: Question: Calculate the unrealized gain on the equipment transfer at the end of 2006 and prepare a matrix analysis to determine the unrealized profit on the current year inventory transfers. Prepare the...

Homework problem [ 2 Answers ]

Here is a homework question for my 11 year nephew " A father is 4 times as old as his son. In 6 years time he will be only 3 times as old. How old is each of them.

View more questions Search