Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BoxerGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 11:40 PM
    Why is my male dog suddenly peeing in the house?
    Hi,
    My male dog is peeing and pooing in the house, but only upstairs. I have the staircase blocked but he found his way through. He never ever did this at our previous home. He is a male undesexed, almost 3-year old boxer.
    We have moved countries, therefore new house, new neighbourhood, and humid weather..

Could there be something wrong with him, or is he just testing me? I'm the pack leader in the house out of my female desexed boxer, my husband and I.

Do you have any suggestions?

binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2011, 11:32 AM

Many things could cause a dog to change its behavior. Have you taken your male unfixed dog to the vet to rule out intestine problems or urinary tract problems etc.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 11:47 AM

How long hve you been in this home and when did this problem start with him?
    fionawije Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 11:31 AM
    Do you have visitors or a new piece of furniture bearing an unfamiliar scent? This could be the reason the dog is doing it to mark territory.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
    Unaltered dogs will mark, it's a dominance/marking territory thing. Sometimes have them neutered can fix this issue. Make sure you clean the area with a good enzyme cleaner. Vinegar and water will do the trick. Another thing that is important is plenty of out door time and exercise. Brisk walks or jogs create pressure on the bowels creating the urge to "go", making the chances of indoor "accidents" less likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog suddenly peeing and pooping in the house? [ 8 Answers ]

My dog Cheyenne is a Yorkshire Terrier she is the Silky Yorkie. She is about 2 years old and never used to have this problem with peeing and pooping in the house. I'm worried, I don't know why she stopped going outside. When I put her outside, she goes but then she goes MORE inside! Nothing changed...

Male dog just started peeing in house [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that recently started. I have a Corgi mix about five years old. He was house trained before we got him at about age 1.5yrs. Up until recently, we've never had a problem with his peeing or pooping in the house. About a month ago, though, he got a serious intestinal...

View more questions Search