Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PinD3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 10:08 PM
    I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light).
    I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). I have a indoor 15 amp remote control but it does not have ground to it. It's a 2 prong box to connect to a wall outlet and then an appliance or lights to allow the remote to turn it off or on.

How can I use it to power on the pool light? I believe there a electric box (with a blank face plate) on the outside of garage that has wires that go to the pool light and its switch in the yard(another electric box with weather covering). I was thinking I could wire to those wires and put a weather housing around it. My only concern is that there is no ground wire. Any help would be appreciated... as I would hate to spend hundreds of $$$$ just to turn on my pool light (as most remote control units for pools turn on many things - which I only have a pool with no spa or waterfall).
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 05:33 AM

Can you post which you have.
    Its Ok if the Module is not grounded, The equipment should be grounded as well as the light, Ground Doesn't have to plug in with the module.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uc7083t remote led red light stays on [ 1 Answers ]

The red LED light on the remote for my ceiling fan stays on. I thought it was a low battery so I changed battery but LED light is still on. Remote is for a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The model # on remote is UC7083T.

Hunter Park Hill Type 2 - Remote LED light on, but Light/Fan not working? [ 2 Answers ]

Remote Control LED light is on, but the Hunter Park Hill Type 2 Model 20578 Light or Fan will not work... why?

Control a second light with current fan remote? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I have two ceiling lights that are installed in series (single switch controls both) and I replaced one of them with a ceiling fan/light combo that has a remote control. I'm wondering if you can buy an aftermarket receiver to add on/off control of the second ceiling light with the...

Add a switch with a pilot light to a run of outlets for control [ 4 Answers ]

I want to add a switch with a pilot light to a run of outlets so I can control and know when my switched outlet is on. I purchased a switch with a pilot light. IT has three terminals plus ground The switch has terminals with a silver and brass screw on one side and a black terminal on the...

Remote will not control light [ 1 Answers ]

Hello; I put up a Hunter ceiling fan with light kit. Fan works great with remote. How ever the remote will not turn the light off or on. I can turn the light off or on at the wall switch and or at the light kit .

View more questions Search