Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjwelch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Change tail pipe
    How do I change tail pipe when connection is in wall and hole is slightly bigger than pipe
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 06:40 PM

Is this a bathroom sink or what? These pipe arenormally 1 1/2 and 1 1/4, you can use a trap which come out of the box to go with either size
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 03:39 PM

Not much option here but to make the hole bigger, so you can get a wrench on the nut. Is the trap tailpiece chrome or plasitic? Sometimes you can just spin the tialpiece and it will slide out, then the nut is easier to unscrew, but you will still need a bigger hole to tighten the nut back up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get bathroom pedestal sink to stop leaking from tail pipe [ 4 Answers ]

We have a pedestal sink and a week ago the pipe that goes into the wall fell apart. It had rusted through. I got the replacement parts (all metal parts) at the hardware store. The pipe that goes into the wall screws into the pipe and has a plastic washer. It sealed tight - no problem. Then the...

Compression nut and washer not holding onto tail pipe. [ 3 Answers ]

After reading the previous posts, I at least, have some terminology, and a little more information, however.. . My daughter's boyfriend recently installed a new sink faucet for me, and now the drain tail pipe (PVC) that slides into the compression nut above the s-trap has been separated, several...

How to solder tail pipe onto drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/4" drain on my bathroom sink. It goes into the wall and soldered on to a cast iron elbow. My chrome pipe is leaking and needs to be replaced. What alternatives do I have besides tearing the wall down to repipe?

Kitchen s-trap slipping off tail pipe [ 4 Answers ]

I have a double kitchen sink with a single s-trap. The problem is that the entire s-trap assembly keeps sliding into the pipe in the floor and sliding off the tail of the pipe coming off the sink. I have tried tightening all the connections. Using different gaskets/washers. Switching from pvc to...

View more questions Search