Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chaos_Crafter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 04:32 PM
    House drainage drilling?
    There is a retaining wall under my house that appears to be acting as a dam, with a moderate pressure of water building up behind it.
    I want to get holes drilled into the bottom of the wall, and ag-pipe installed so it will drain properly, but there is only about 3' (90cm) access.
    Can anyone suggest what sort of solutions exist for this sort of drilling (BTW, the wall is mudstone, so standard concrete drills don't work well.)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Don't know what you mean by a "standard" concrete drill but I have a Dewalt SDS hammer drill and I promise you it will go through your wall. I have drilled 1" holes in 4" solid concrete walls in just a couple of minutes. This may not be your best solution but it will sure put a hole in the wall.
    Chaos_Crafter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 10:15 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Ooops, sorry, I should have said - I'm wanting at minimum a 70mm (2 3/4") hole, and by preference 90mm (3.5") or 100mm (4") hole - I can't get a masonry bit that diameter. By standard conrete drill, I was referring to a core drill - the sort that cuts a tubular hole.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 06:05 AM
    Yep, big difference. Not sure what your best approach would be, but a wet core, diamond drill would be my approach.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2011, 06:35 AM
    Is this water being retained inside or outside?

What is the 3' span to work in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! No drainage in my house, toilet backs up into the tub when I plunge. Any ideas? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I would like help trouble shooting my plumbing problem. I have a very very slow drain to no drainage at all in the house, when I plunge the toilet it backs up into the tub, when I plunge the tub nothing happens. Also when I plunge I don't feel any suction what so ever. Which is odd because...

House Drainage [ 11 Answers ]

I Have two small pipes that come from underneath the house in the back near the Air Conditioning system the drips water occasionally. What are these two small pipes?

Drilling drainage pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm planning to install a reverse osmosis system in my kitchen. The instruction suggest I have the waste water line go directly into the drainage pipe and it comes with a saddle clamp with opening for tubing to discharge waste water. It would be easy if my pipe was PVC, but it's...

Replacment of drainage pipe under house. [ 1 Answers ]

Under my house in a crawl space water drains from the washer and kitchen sink into a T. The PVC pipe then goes forward and makes a right turn toward a iron drainage pipe. The pipe sags before it makes the turn so there is some water draining out. What would be the best way to securely anchor the...

View more questions Search