Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Countrygirl22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 12:14 PM
    Cartliage piercing
    I'm about to be 13 and I want to get my cartliage ppierced but I want the truth does it hurt? Am I too young?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 12:21 PM

Yes and yes.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 4, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Of course it hurts, you're having a needle pushed through it but if it was too painful people wouldn't get it done, ay! I don't think you're too young, as long as you have asked your parents and consulted your school then go for it. Make sure you go to a licensed piercer and they use a needle that has come out of an air tight pack and the same with the jewellery.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 09:58 AM

Where? Illegal in some places, with or without permission.
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2011, 06:05 AM
    I don't think you're too young, but make sure you go to a reputable piercing shop (not the cheapest you can find). Ensure they use new needles and sterilise them before use.

It will hurt a little bit, but not majorly. This does depend on your own pain threshold however. Cartilage piercings feel like a sharp pin-prick and thast's about the worst of it. It may feel a little bit sore afterwards and you need to make sure you clean it regularly, with warm salt water or diluted tea tree oil. Your piercer should give you aftercare instructions, make sure you follow them to minimise any risk of infection.

Good luck!
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorQueen View Post
    I don't think you're too young, but make sure you go to a reputable piercing shop (not the cheapest you can find).

Unfortunately, depending on where OP lives, she IS too young to have a legal cartilage piercing. Need more info on where she lives in order to address the age question.

If she DOES manage to get the piercing and she is not of legal age (even with parental permission) she CAN sue the person/shop which did the piercing.

My thinking usually is if you're too young to spell it, you're too young to do it.

Otherwise good info, well presented.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 11, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Unfortunately, depending on where OP lives, she IS too young to have a legal cartilage piercing. Need more info on where she lives in order to address the age question.
    In the UK there are no legal ages for cosmetic piercing. You must be 18 or over to get your genitals pierced and your nipple pierced if you are female. In the US it is exactly the same. This also applies in Australia. In some states in the US you are allowed to get anything pierced with parental consent at age 16 & 17 with photo I.D. and any person under 15 years of age may not be pierced anywhere but the ears and even then must be accompanied by an adult.

In a lot of states though, they will pierce you if you are under 16 with your parent/guardian present. I suggest you go into your local licensed piercing parlor and ask of age limits and laws.
    SafetyPin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 11:19 AM
    I'm 14 and did mine with a safety pin yesterday and it's perfectly fine now.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 11:20 AM

Now and next week may very well be two different things. This is both foolish and irresponsible.

I trust you are taking proper care of it? How do you plan to enlarge the piercing to allow for jewelry?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keloid on my cartliage? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my ear pierced with a gun at my local mall. I was wearing a normal stud and a few months after it healed, I noticed a tender bump. That ear looked a little deformed, puffy and red. I thought it was normal and never told anyone. I kept cleaning, even after the 12 weeks that is recommended....

Does a cartliage piercing hurt at first? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 12 years old and all my friends got their ear cartliage pierced. I have LOW pain tolerance. If this helps anything, I brought tears when I got the tetnus shot. So I was only wondering if the gun hurts me when they inject the piercing? What does it feel like? *** HELP! And I understand about...

Cartliage pericing. [ 1 Answers ]

okay so I periced my cartilage about a 4 days ago and my ear still really hurts. I clean it everyday with ear cleaner it hurts still. Its not infected though because I periced it 3 other times and the 1st time the earing fell out and the second time it got infected but not that bad because I took...

Cartliage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got my cartliage done at the end of oct and their was no pain then a couple of week latter their was some pain when I clean them and when I sleep on them they got a little fever and was red and purple so I took them out and waited a couple of weeks I felt lumps on both of...

Ear Cartliage Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Does piercing your cartliage means anything? Is that a symbol of anything?

View more questions Search