Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elaine91 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 10:42 AM
    Trying to conceive
    Ok so, I ovulate on April 6th me and my boyfriend had sex on April 1st and April 3rd. Those two days are one of my most fertile days. My question is could I conceive a child from doing this? I really am trying to conceive. What are the odds? Also I am 20 years old.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 10:53 AM

Yes, it's possible. There are no percentages, as such.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 02:12 PM

It's thought only about 20-25% of couples become pregnant in any given cycle, even with good timing. IF you do ovulate on the 6th, which if you are going by online calendars, they are not an exact science and only give you a starting place, you might become pregnant as JudyKayTee said.

You could increase your odds if you have frequent sex in the several days leading up to suspected ovulation and right through to a couple of days after. This helps because if ovulation is off, sometimes even by a day, it can make all the difference.

It is important to remember that while most couples will become pregnant in the first year of actively trying, it will take longer for others and that can still be perfectly normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some help with Trying to conceive [ 0 Answers ]

3/10/11 Me and my husband are trying to conceive. My cycle is normally anywhere from 33-35 days I had a positive opk on day 20 of my cycle On 8 & 9 dpo I had extreamly light pink blood when wiping And now today 10dpo (cycle day 29) I went to the restroom and had quite abit of thick brown blood...

Trying to conceive [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for 2 years and no luck! I'm 22 years old and relatively healthy! My periods are like clock work and I very rarely get Ill. I have been a dancer all my life, so perhaps at 5 ft 1 and weighing just over 7 stone my bmi is slightly below average? I have...

Trying to conceive # 1 [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was October 18th my ovulation date was November 3rd would it be too late for me to conceive now? My next period will be due around the 17th of November what are the chances of me getting pregnant after my ovulation date please help trying to conceive

Trying to conceive # 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! This is the first time I have ever asked a question on a site before. I was hoping to find the answers through reading others. My DH and I have been Trying to conceive #2 for 11 months. We have a DH who is 2 years old and it took us 4 months to conceive her. I have been using the...

Trying to conceive - Help, Please! [ 28 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am new to all this so bare with me. Here is my problem/concern: My husband and I have been Trying to conceive for a year. I have very irregular periods (maybe once every 3 months). My doc told me not to be concerned unless I have less than 4 periods a year. I don't get that, but oh...

View more questions Search