Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HellbentPH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 06:11 AM
    My tub cold tap drowns out hot water even when only turned a little?
    I get good pressure and everything. But when I turn my tub hot tap on everything is fine but if I also turn on the cold even a little it drowns out the warmth of the hot water right away.

Faucets are taps (seperate one for cold and for hot) with a pull out stick thing to activate shower head.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 06:27 AM

Do you have the same pressure at the same level with both valves? Example: If you open the hot water valve 1/4 turn is the flow the same as turning on the cold water valve the same 1/4 turn?

If not then you may need to repack or replace the valves so you even out the flow and can get a mixture your comfortable with.
    HellbentPH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Flows the same out of both pressure wise or whatever
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HellbentPH View Post
    flows the same out of both pressure wise or whatever
    But do they match in the same amount of turns it takes to get that pressure? From what your stating in your original question it seems it does not. That is why Im asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

My problem is, I have water from the hot tap but not the cold tap.Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My heating is from a Baxi Combi Boiler. Direct mains Feed. I have hot water from the tap in my kitchen but there is no water coming out of the cold tap. My bathroom supply is fine as is the water to the toilet. Why is there no cold water from the kitchen tap.

When I turn on the hot tap the water runs hot then cold hot then cold [ 0 Answers ]

When I run the hot tap, the water runs hot then cold, hot then cold. The boiler ignites when the tap is turned on but then goes off and on, off and on while the tap is running. I have a ravenheat LS80(T) combi boiler

I only get hot bath water when cold tap in sink is turned on why? [ 0 Answers ]

I had a problem with boiler not operating during hot water demand. Central heating is fine. I switched off boiler for a minute and switched it on again and got continued hot water from Kitchen and bathroom sink and for a while in the bath. But after a while water in bath turned cold. Now I can...

View more questions Search