Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KateCher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 09:48 PM
    Good or bad idea?
    Im am 17 and my boyfriend of 7 months broke up with me recently (he is 16).. Im doing a lot better now, I'm not contacting him and I'm changing into a better person. Im still hurt and miss him.. He was my first love and I feel like I still love him. We both had our faults but he broke up with me because of things I did wrong. During the 7 months I threatened to break up with him a few times when we fought because I was scared and thought that maybe that was what was best for him.. I guess he got sick of that and got sick of my constant questions and doubting him. Its been about a month since we broke up and about two weeks since I stopped my constant calling and begging for him to forgive me. He said some rude things and I ruined my chances of staying friends by asking if hed ever get back together. But we were crazy in love and had so much fun togther making each other happy. Ive recently got this hope that after I lose the few pounds I've gained and had time to think about what I did wrong and change that I can dress real good and go see him at work around the end of the month or near the beginning of summer.. and show him that I have changed and still care for him.. Maybe hell see this and want to catch up and maybe even try dating again.. If not then I move on for good. Im not going to get my hopes up.. but I want to know if this is a stupid plan... Please answer :)<3
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 09:51 PM

Bad idea. Don't try to relive what is now history. Move forward with your life.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 04:01 AM

It's in the past.
    Leave it in the past.

You should move on with your life.

Good luck.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2011, 11:22 AM

He's not the only fish in the sea. Don't lose weight and dress differently for him, you'll only be successful if you do it for yourself. Change is only good when you do it for yourself.

I personally think it's time for you to move on and find someone who really cares for you and wants to be with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 11:35 AM

Sorry I know you are still hurting, but that's a lousy plan in my opinion, and something you should do for yourself if you want to, and not waste time and a lot of hard work on someone that may not appreciate it.

Also, your pictures were removed for your privacy, and Internet safety. You are a cutie, that will have no trouble attracting a good guy when you have gone through a proper healing process, and learned from your past, that you can't just reject, or act impulsively out of fear, and expect good results.

If he wants to comeback to you, it must be on his own, without your influence, and not because you have a plan. Do your thing and enjoy yourself for now, as no point in holding your breath waiting for something that may not happen.
    KateCher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 10:51 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Your right :)... and thank you... I guess I just thought that If he knew I changed then he would want to come back. But I need to move on and Just live my life... because I'm still young.. even though It feels like ill never find anyone again I know I will. This was only my first love. Thank you so much for your answer :)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 01:01 PM

Good luck and take care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

Is it a good idea or a bad idea. [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is 5. and she has developed this habit of getting up in the mornings at 3am and getting into things in the fridge and cupboards for late night snacks. I have tried fridge locks and cupboard locks, but she is just too darn smart and figures them all out! My question is, would it be...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search