Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KENNYY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Craftsman mower troubleshooting?
    Premature belt wear. Pulleys and belts rotate easily; what else could cause excessive belt wear?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 3, 2011, 04:58 PM

Belt tension or belt routing are the only two things that come to mind.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2011, 06:34 PM

Belt on wrong side of belt guide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears craftsman rider mower troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I own a Sears Craftsman riding mower with a 42" deck. It's 17 horsepower. Every time I engage the blades, the engine cuts off. I can't seem to get the cover that is over the pulley on the left off. I've cleared dried grass from under the deck, and have applied WD 40 to the pulley wheels. The blades...

I need a mower deck belt for a Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawn mower. [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find a belt for my Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawnmower deck.

Craftsman riding mower troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman riding mower lt4000 while it was running the engine just stopped and now when I try to start it I get one clunk that's it I was not using it when it just stopped it was just started in my garage I was getting ready to finish plowing with it I used it for like 2 hours earlier and...

Craftsman mower stopped moving but blade engagement still works and mower starts [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone help me determine why my craftsman kohler engine 16hp manuel transmission riding lawnmower stopped being able to move but still is able to turn on/off and engage the mower blade? I have checked the clutch but it appears to work since the mower is able to be turned on/off. All of the...

View more questions Search