Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChelseaSmile Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Ears pierced through thick buildup of scar tissue and they keep bleeding, help?
    A couple of months ago my stretched ear messed up at 8mm and I had to get it ripped out at hospital as I would not budge and I was in agony.It completely closed up, taking the original piercing hole with it.The scar tissue is about 8mm and goes all the way through my ear. Anyway, a couple of days ago I got it repierced through the scar tissue and I keep waking up with a bloody ear. Any suggestions as to what it could be or what I can do?
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2011, 04:11 PM
    How much blood is there? I assume it is not bleeding all the time because you mention waking up with a bloody ear, so that is good if it is the case. Piercing through scar tissue is more difficult for the body to begin to heal, therefore when you sleep at night and knock or lay on the piercings, you are re-opening a fresh wound which is finding it difficult to close itself. You may be someone who bleeds a lot anyway, we are all different in that respect, and as you have only had them a couple of days I would not be overly worried if they are only bleeding slightly during your sleep.

Make sure to clean them well with warm salt water 2-3 times a day to promote healing and prevent infection, and if they are only bleeding at night, that should settle down in a few days time. If they begin to bleed more often than that or are bleeding quite heavily, I would go back to your piercer and ask them to take a look at them and advise you on what to do.

Good luck
    Sdarahhmarshh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 02:21 PM
    For future reference or anybody reading this it takes 6 months for scar tissue to fully heal and you shoulnt have got them peirce so soon. The hospital should have told you this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I remove a Keloid scar (piercing scar tissue)? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a navel piercing a year ago. Unfortunately, it somehow got inflamed and removed itself out of the skin; hence, created a scar which I believe is called the Keloid scar. I had once stopped by the piercing place to ask for professional suggestion of whether not I could be able to re-pierce it,...

Is getting my ears pierced safe with scar tissue in one ear lobe? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small lump of scar tissue from clip-on earrings in my right ear lobe. I am interested in getting my ears pierced, but I don't know if it will be safe. I am concerned about the earring going through or touching the scar tissue. It feels like a small, firm sphere inside my ear lobe. I don't...

Scar tissue buildup from a c-section [ 1 Answers ]

I had a c-section over 11 years ago. After my son was 2 I started getting pains in the incision from the surgery. I dealt with it for a couple years till I started feeling a lump where it hurts. So I went to a dr & he gave me a cortisone shot. That helped for about 6 months. A couple years later it...

Scar tissue? [ 2 Answers ]

I had Callie spayed about a month and a half ago. Her incision seemed to be healing really well. I watched for puss and redness everyday. After a month went by I slacked off a bit and when I looked at it today and it is extremely puffy, raised, red, and hard. I think it's probably scar tissue but...

View more questions Search