Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biabia Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Don't know who to choose for godparents
    I have decided to baptize my 2 year old daughter. I had promised a at one-time close friend that I would make her my daughters godmother when she made me her sons godmother... we recently had somewhat of a falling out. I still consider her a friend, but at this point in her life, she's not the example I want set forth for my daughter. We have had our own set of problems and ultimately I just don't trust her. I would love it if I could have a married couple (my cousin and her husband) whom are more stable and great examples for my daughter. However, this so-called friend already calls my daughter her goddaughter... any sugestions?
    angiex Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 03:12 PM
    It's not about what you think is best for you its about who you would feel comfortable some one you trust and someone you know your daughter will be safe with if anything ever happened follow your gut instincts as to who your daughter will be best off with if anything ever happened and someone you know will be there for her always no matter what
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 03:15 PM

Choosing godparents isn't a popularity contest. It sounds like your cousin and her husband would be good ones, so ask them. (The duties of godparents include praying for the child, being good role models, and spiritually and emotionally supporting the child through his formative years.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 05:23 PM

Or let both the couple and the other women be,
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2011, 08:14 PM

I agree this isn't a popularity contest, it's a choice that is best for your daughter. Here is perfect opportunity for you to teach your daughter that making a choice because it's the right one versus making one because of acceptance.

Take care
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 08:38 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ld-485900.html

If this is the friend, then the choice is easy, choose your family member.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child adoption, guardianship, godparents [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter was a result of a rape. No one knows the person who raped me a little over 4 years ago. I'm engaged now and we are preparing for our wedding next year. My fiancé is the only father my child has ever known. She calls him da-da. He wants to be her legal custodian in case something were to...

Don't know what to do, got two boys but which on do I choose? [ 6 Answers ]

Threads merged I'm very confused and I don't no what to do, I have been going out with this guy for a year and 3 months, and he was my first and I love him, but however I also love this other guy, which also loves me, he has waited for me and have liked me for nearly 2 years :/ and I have to...

I don't want to choose between dreams. [ 2 Answers ]

Back in April my boyfriend and I of over a year broke up. He broke up with me because he was struggling in his life and he didn't feel like he could be the guy he needed to be with me. Time has revealed that this was the real reason and that he wasn't giving me any bull. About a month later he came...

Don't know what to choose [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: well I have to chose between a chihuahua and a mini doxin whice 1 should I get

Can someone be Godparents to two children from the same family? [ 12 Answers ]

Is this something that is done?

View more questions Search