Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorenah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 01:05 PM
    My boyfriend of 3 years wants a break what does this mean?
    I just want some suggestions. I am 21 and had been going out with my boyfriend for exactly 3 years. I thought we had a really good relationship we rarely argured like once every 3 months. I understood him and met all of his needs so I thought, a few days ago he told me he needed a break because he does not want to hurt me and I don't deserve for him to be mean to me. That I did nothing wrong and that he needed time to think what he wants to do with his life. Of course, I was crushed I did everything he asked and helped him out with everything, complete devotion from my part. 2 hours after we broke up he was txting me to take him back and that he was sorry. He swears he loves me but I don't know if I believe him he will not even give me a good explanation for him wanting a break there was no change be he told me this he did not act different. I responded to him the first day but I since stop responding and I never answered his calls what should I do.
    We had never taken a break before or even talked about taking a break at all. He would always agree that we would get married eventually. When I told him I was going to give him the time he wanted, he said that he wanted to get back and that he understood me and told me that he will check every month to see if I was ready to take him back. I think he just feels guilty for leaving me because I did nothing wrong.so I don't know its all so weird.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 04:17 PM

I don't know but suspect he wants to explore his world, without any guilt, but intends to keep you thinking of him just in case he wants to come back, and make sure you cannot move on.

Not responding to him was a good move on your part to protect yourself.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2011, 08:06 PM

He is going to check back with you every month to see how you are doing if your still want to get back with him, in case he has changed his mind. Yoy need to tell him to just move on with his life because you are NOT going to be sitting waiting around for crumbs.

Let him know that you understand needing space, so you are giving it to him, but don't let him keep you hooked to be sitting around waiting for any little bit of affection that he will give.

He is out looking for someone else and if he can't he will come a running back to you,until he feels the need to do some more looking.

Take care
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 08:15 PM

Sounds like he's setting you up to be his rebound once his adventures flake out.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 01:54 AM

He's put you on the back burner in case his 'exploring' doesn't work out.

Not answering his calls is a great move,so keep up the no contact and keep on living your own life.

Don't sit around waiting for him to come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend of two years just decided to break up with me and just be friends! [ 7 Answers ]

We have been together for two years . I lost my virginity to him. I'm in love with him and he knows it. I have tried my best to make him satisfied in our relationship . I gave him love, support etc . He is 6 hours away from me (different city ) I was the one going to see him every month for two to...

I am 25 years old and my boyfriend is 50 years do you think we can work out this real [ 17 Answers ]

I am a girl of 25 years old and my boyfriend is 50years old. I really do love him with all my heart. Do you think we can work out this relationship?

What do I do, my boyfriend of 2 years cheated on me and now wants to take a break? [ 12 Answers ]

Well I've been in a happy relationship with my boyfriend. We were very serious and I even moved in with him. Well lately he's been acting really strange and distant. And I found out Saturday by checking his myspace that he was meeting another girl at the mall. Well so I investigated this and found...

Break-up after 3 years [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site and very pleased to have found it. I thought I was alone in my feelings and now see that I'm not so would really appreciate some advice please. I been with my man for 3 years, we have both been married before and there wasn't much of a break before we got together,...

View more questions Search