Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teebree1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2011, 11:28 AM
    Would I be able to get a cashier job with a misdemeanor b
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 11:39 AM

Depends on what type of background check the employer runs.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Depends on what type of background check the employer runs.
    And on what the misdemeanor was.

Simple answer: It's up to the potential employer.

Employment application forms typically have a question like this: "Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If so, give details." If you lie in response to such a question, and the employer finds out about it, they probably will fire you. If you tell the truth, and if the conviction has nothing to do with dishonesty (a major concern with cashiers, obviously), it's hard to figure why the potential employer would hold that against you. But, as I say, whether you will be hired is totally up to the potential employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I work a job any place with a embezzlement misdemeanor? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I still get a job if I was just charged for embezzlement misdemeanor? I worked for a company and I embezzled some money, I got caught. The store didn't press charges, The police wasn't called and I was able to walk right out of the front door after my termination. All they wanted was to get...

Misdemeanor case dismissed can employer deny me a job [ 2 Answers ]

years ago I was in a store with my step sister, as we were leaving we were stopped and taken to a room where they asked us what we had stolen. I didn't know what was going on anyway I guess my step sister had stolen underwear. They accused us of shop lifting and took our picture at the store gave...

How do I find a job while I am on probation for a misdemeanor? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation for two misdemeanor offenses, possession of marijuana(even though I did not have it on my person another person in the car I was in did) and underage consumption 2 weeks later(another offense that I should not be paying any price for since the police agreed to drop the charges if...

View more questions Search