Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 05:59 AM
    Well, pluck a duck
    Bizzaire I know but I can't miss the humour in the situation, the cops have been plucked
    2500 rubber ducks stolen from police academy | News.com.au
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 06:04 AM

Why post this twice; you didn't get any responses the fist time around?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ck-565959.html
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    The question was boosted in any case it's a fun topic in a sea of dribble
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 03:34 PM

Hi para, yes, it was amusing once when it was reported, what 3 weeks ago.

Tick
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 04:07 PM

OK you forced me to do it.

A woman brought a very limp duck to the veterinarian's office. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your pet duck Cuddles has passed away."

The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure. The duck is dead," he replied.

"How can you be so sure," she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room, and returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever.

As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the lab and led it out of the exam room. He returned a few moments later with a cat.

The cat jumped up on the table and also sniffed delicately at the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."

Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman.

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. She screamed, "$150.00!" "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the lab report and the cat scan, it's now $150.00."
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 04:45 PM
    Double virtual greenie...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ok you forced me to do it.

A woman brought a very limp duck to the veterinarian's office. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your pet duck Cuddles has passed away."

"How can you be so sure," she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room, and returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever.

As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the lab and led it out of the exam room. He returned a few moments later with a cat.

The cat jumped up on the table and also sniffed delicately at the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."

Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman.

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. She screamed, "$150.00!" "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the lab report and the cat scan, it's now $150.00."
    Worth every moment,, :D
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 04:48 PM
    In Cincinnati(On the circle freeway,275) the police set up a stationary car for speed enforcement.All the normies knew this was just an unmanned car and kept on dong what they always did,, until the cops got smart.

They put a dummy in the car, this worked for a short while, until someone(s) stole the dummy!

Can't outsmart the kids now can we?
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    hi para, yes, it was amusing once when it was reported, what 3 weeks ago.

tick
    Actually it's timeless, demonstrating the ineptitude of certain people
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ok you forced me to do it.

Now that's the sort of response I was looking for
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2011, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    In Cincinnati(On the circle freeway,275) the police set up a stationary car for speed enforcement.All the normies knew this was just an unmanned car and kept on dong what they always did,,,until the cops got smart.

They put a dummy in the car,,this worked for a short while,,until someone(s) stole the dummy!!

Can't outsmart the kids now can we?
    In NSW, Australia the police have a fleet of stationary cars for speed enforcement, every one capable of recording the speed of six lanes of traffic each way but we know where they are because they turn up at the same time and place each week. So if you see a lone SUV with blacked out windows sitting by the roadside... it doesn't take a dummy to know what's going on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well, pluck a duck [ 0 Answers ]

Bizzaire I know but I can't miss the humour in the situation, the cops have been plucked 2500 rubber ducks stolen from police academy | News.com.au

Duck can't walk [ 2 Answers ]

I have a duck that is about six months old. He is a male and I have another male so they may have got in a fight but, there is no blood or broked legs have cheeked him good. I found him stuck in the mud and could not walk. He is eating and drinking and pooping but can not walk. Could it be his...

Whole Duck [ 6 Answers ]

Any tips or recipes on how to prepare duck. Thank you!

Limp Duck [ 1 Answers ]

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your Duck, Cuddles, has passed away." The distressed...

View more questions Search