Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikka901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Positive and negative HPTs. Negative qualitative blood test. Can I still be pregnant?
    Hi. I am 21 years old and over the last 6 days I have taken countless numbers of pregnancy tests. I have had nausea and vomiting. Frequent urination and appetite. I have gotten 1 positive digital test, 1 positive blue dye + - test. 2 positive pink dye + - tests. As well as one positive cassette style test. I then started having severe cramping with no bleeding. I went to the ER where they preformed a qualitative blood test which came back negative. They sent me home telling me that I was just getting ready to start my cycle. The next morning I took another pregnancy test which came up positive (sensitivity of 25 mIu). That was yesterday. Today I took another test (25 mIu different brand) which was negative. I would like to know is it possible I am pregnant? If not, how can someone get that many false positive tests?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 11:39 AM

If you followed the directions on all of them, especially as to the time frame for reading the results, they are positive. It is rare to get a false positive. How long ago was your last period?

On occasion, positive results may later become negative if a pregnancy does not take.

Since you have had conflicting results, I would set an appointment with your doctor and ask about having a quantitative blood test done to get an actual measurement of the hcg level.
    Nikka901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 11:57 AM
    My LMP was Feb 19th 2011. I am not sure how long my cycles are running because this was the first cycle since having my son in March 2010 (I was/am nursing). I did in fact read the test during the time limit and the digital test showed up within 1 minute.
    roxi3 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 05:33 PM
    A blood test is the best testing you can get... most likley it was right.. and with you testing so much it could be a false pregnancy this happenes when you think or obsess over the fact of being pregnant your mind and body believe it but your achually not... good luck or looking at the date I'm sure you found out
    rainfalls2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 09:00 AM
    I have done research and I found out that a Qualitative test is not 100 percent accurate, the Quantitative beta hcg blood test in the othe hand is 100 percent accurate. You may very well be pregnant, please keep us updated! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 positive pregnancy tests, but a negative blood test.. Has this ever happened to you [ 2 Answers ]

So In Early January I'm Pretty Sure I Got Pregnant, I Missed A Period So I Took A Pregnancy Test (I Honestly didn't think I as pregnant) But The Test came back With a faint positive.. This as about January 24 (around That Time) Well, I ended up taking 7 pregnancy tests and they ALL came back with a...

I've had several positive hpts and a negative blood test am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

help I'm very confused! I randomly took a hpt test last week and I had a really faint positive line I didn't quite believe it so we bought another set of two both came back positive, we retested following morning again positive so I decided to go to the walk in clinc an make triple sure but there...

Positive hpt,but negative blood test [ 1 Answers ]

I have taken four hpts and they have all come back positive,but when I went to the doctor for a blood test and it came back negative can I still be pregnant?

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search