Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarbleyFam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Eating...
    How can I get my dog to eat her food?
    haqq Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
    You should try to give the dog different types of food, maybe the one you chose she does not like try foods like, iams or canned food like Alpo.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2007, 08:04 PM
    This is a very common problem, common enough that I have prepared a sticky on it. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

The most frequent cause is over feeding. I discuss how to tell if your dog is over fed and what to do about it along with other possible causes and fixes.

Switching dog foods is one of the worst things you can do. It is best to stick with one protein source so that if the dog ever does develop allergies, it is easier to work around. A more tempting chow isn't the answer for either a sick or an over fed dog. Please ignore that first post. I meant to disapprove it, but forgot to change the default.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Zu not eating [ 1 Answers ]

My zu is 15 1/2 and just got athritis pills and has not eaten in 3 days she pees and drinks water and urinates. Yesterday she had a bowel movement not today.

What are we eating? [ 28 Answers ]

Just thought to start this as to not take over magpro's thread on burgurs. PS... I love how food is in the category of "Arts & Leisure" I think the hormones in today's foods are horrible. Hormones in the milk, in the meat, in the eggs. What are we doing? Look at a lot of kids now days....

Eating [ 8 Answers ]

OK I have 2 problems, First my mom used to put people food in our two four year old Bichons when they wouldn't eat. She also hand fed them and gave them people food at and away from the dinner table a lot. Recently I have been training them to stop begging and there is no more table food. ...

Eating [ 16 Answers ]

Hi today I went to school and had like some crisps from one of my mates because I was hungry - that was at break - then at lunch I wasn't hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Tuesday night because yesterday I was just not hungry and then at dinner/tea etc time I had pizza but it made me feel sick...

Not Eating [ 3 Answers ]

I got my dog recentlyfrom a firend who can't keep him anymore and its said its half shitzou and half something else but not sure. When I first got it it ate everything we fed it human food dog food. But yesturday the ENTIRE day he ate absolutely NOTHING at all! Now I hear her stomach growling and...

View more questions Search