Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 06:40 AM
    2006 nissan altima S when hot will crank won't start
    2006 Nissan Altima S when hot say about a hour of driving after stopping, it won't start after sitting for about 15 minutes, however wait 1/2 hour or next day will start.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 08:10 AM

Check for codes. About 1 month ago I worked on a friend's 2006 Altima, which would not start. It ended up being the Camshaft Position Sensor. After changing it out, it fired right up. Here's the write-up:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...-s-556425.html

Mar 31, 2011, 06:25 PM
    OK cool the check engine light did come on I started it this morning OK, however this afternoon I heard a whining noise, like a something was spinning fast. Does this sound familiar?
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 05:30 AM

Starter motor? You need to check for codes and go from there.

Apr 1, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Checked code and it said camshaft position sensor just as you said will be installing it Saturday morning with the confidence will keep you in the loop thank you partner!
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 08:11 PM

Buy it online at Advance Auto Parts, for pickup at your local store, and you can save up to 40% if you use the correct code.

Apr 1, 2011, 08:18 PM
    Darn it heck just got it from auto-zone for $8 cheaper, thanks always lemon-lime!
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 08:20 PM

Keep this in mind for next time.

Apr 1, 2011, 08:22 PM
    Will do buddy, will do!

Apr 4, 2011, 03:06 PM
    TxGreaseMonkey you did it again! After dropping it in sat.morning everything's sweet fires up after waiting a few minutes. However one thing puzzles me the check engine light reset itself. It does come on during on position but not while running is this normal?
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 03:23 PM

Yes, the CEL should come on for 2 seconds and then go out. If it stays on, that's when trouble begins. In these situations, the CEL will normally go out on its own. Nice job!

Start using full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil (change every 6,000 miles or 6 months) and Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF in the transmission (change every 30,000 miles). If you do, the car should last 300,000 miles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S [ 3 Answers ]

What do I do for a P0340?

How to replace starter on 2006 Nissan Altima [ 1 Answers ]

Is replacing the starter on my daughter's 2006 Nissan Altima a simple task? I am thinking of doing it myself. I don't want to get in to having to drop the transmission or anything like that.

Replace a starter on 2006 Nissan Altima? [ 0 Answers ]

Is replacing the starter on my daughter's 2006 Nissan Altima a simple task? I am thinking of doing it myself.

2006 Nissan Altima starter bad? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's '06 Altima would from time to time be sluggish starting, especially in warmer temperature or after it had ran for a while. A couple of weeks ago it wouldn't start at all. Had the battery checked and showed it was bad. She replaced the battery. It has been doing fine but she says it...

I got a 2006 nissan altima that won't start and its not the battery [ 2 Answers ]

I got 2006 nissan altima se-r that won't start its not the battery because I check that already

View more questions Search