Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bk39 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 06:30 PM
    What causes registry problems?
    What causes registry problems and what does onne do to solve them. See previous question about this.
    Thanks.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 06:49 PM
    I'd list causes in order of likelihood to be:
    1. The user of the computer manually editing the registry or using registry "cleaning" software without knowing what they are doing (and sometimes even knowing!).
    2. Defective software (including malware) or mismatched software components that write incorrect values into the registry for the version of software in use. Incomplete or multiple uninstallations and reinstallation of software of differing versions can lead to a mess.
    3. Defective hard drive or file system damage corrupting the registry files.

If the problem can be isolated to a specific registry key(s) and a fix is known for the issue, manually editing the registry to include the correct information can be quick fix. However, wiping the drive and reinstalling the OS is typically the course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very serious PC problems! Can't acces my registry! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! First of all, sorry for my bad english, there are some words I just don't know! Now, my computer runs smooth but I do have a virus, 2 of wich I know of to be exact (Instant Acces and 5x DSO Exploit). I know these 2 virusses (spelled right?) can only be removed manually but that's the...

Registry problems that I do not know how to solve. [ 5 Answers ]

I am unable to use or delete most programs due to registry problems, this started after d/lg a free registry. I was able to finally uninstall the program, but the problems remain. I cannhot uninstall current paid registry program to reinstall because error message says I do not have access. Any...

New registry [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any way to change the Registry back to the PC when it was new.I didn't make any backup when I buy it.

Registry? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi If I run a program. One that can only be used a limited amont of time before I regester and pay for it, how does it know that it's already been run through it's trial period, even after it's been removed and reinstalled.

Registry [ 23 Answers ]

How do I manually clean my registry?

View more questions Search