Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Apr 1, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Depressed
    Ok... then how did the end date in October come about? Can you elaborate more on that? That's when all the "unwanted" people get sucked into the ground? I'm not trying to be funny either, I just want to get educated on the facts behind the dates between May 21 and Oct (I forget the exact day in Oct).
    Revelation 9:10 says:"And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. And their power was to hurt men five months."

John 21:11 says:"Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three. And for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken."

2 Corinthians 2:16 says:"To the one we are the savour death unto death. And to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things ?"

The interpretation is that the scorpions represent the saved people who've been raptured. Those who have not been taken up, but who believed they should have been, will be "weeping and gnashing their teeth." They'll be angry at God. And the realization that they have been left behind will hurt like the sting of a scorpion. This psychic pain will go on for five months until Oct. 21, 2011. Then 2 Peter 3:10 and 12 will occur. "The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The number 153 fishes refers to those in the net that was not broken, those who have been raptured. 153 is the actual number of days from May 21, 2011 until Oct. 21, 2011. Even though the saved people will be in heaven during those 5 months, the entire program of salvation/judgment is yet not complete. That's what 2 Corinthians 2:16 refers to. The completion of judgment.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 11:42 AM
    Matthew 24:36, 'Of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only.' "

Is the above a lie then?

Apr 1, 2011, 12:09 PM
    NeedKarma
    [QUOTE]Matthew 24:36, 'Of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only.' Is the above a lie then?

No. It's not a lie. God cannot lie.

The problem is in how we choose to look at that statement. The Bible gives us very specific rules that tell us exactly how we must approach our search for truth from God's word. First of all... HUMILITY. In other words... Dear Lord... you teach me, in myself I am ignorant.

Next 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the holy Ghost teacheth. Comparing spiritual things with spiritual." In other words we must compare different parts of the Bible to make certain we have harmony among all the verses that offer facts about the same subject. A quite arduous task. And there are several other rules also.

For the sake of brevity I'll summarize. The statement that no man knows was more than true during the Church Age. In fact Jesus said that, in effect, it was none of their business. Acts 1:7 says "it is not for you to know..." The reason given is that their task was to get out the gospel, and don't be distracted by these side issues. But all of that changed in 1988. Now God has removed the seals from the Bible and much new insight is possible. Those who God plans to save, and perhaps some others who also studied the Bible, not only are able to know but they must know so that they can warn the world. A warning trumpet must give a clear sound, with facts.

However, after 1988, those who will continue to believe church teachings will continue to expect Christ to come "as a thief in the night," that is unexpectedly. So for them, that particular verse remains as true as ever. They refuse to look at the whole Bible. And they refuse to follow the rules. So for those who will not be saved... they cannot (or will not) know.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 1, 2011, 12:17 PM

HSB- Where did 1988 come about? And what seals have been removed? Where did the new information come from that was previously unavailable? Was it new verses? A prophet?

What was different from 1987 to 1988 that made the bible different to interpret?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    I'll tell you what's really hilarious is that you make up your own rules on how to interpret the Bible. The Bible explicitly has verses that tell us exactly how to interpret it. It acts as its own interpreter and as its own dictionary.....if you pay attention to its rules.

But of course you, and a lot of other people, are smarter than God.
    But you want US to read the ranting from some wacko like Camping or what ever his name is? Come on HSB get real. Read the bible, and if you are not strong enough to understand the true and complete word of God then maybe YOU should get some professional help in this matter. You continually recite the mantra from the likes of this Camping fella and will not defend it. So I assume you really do not believe it either.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 12:33 PM
    Depressed

Revelation 9:10 says:"And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. And their power was to hurt men five months."

John 21:11 says:"Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three. And for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken."

2 Corinthians 2:16 says:"To the one we are the savour death unto death. And to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things ?"

The interpretation is that the scorpions represent the saved people who've been raptured.
    According to the previous verses, the creatures so described came out of the Abyss, and their king is named Abaddon in Hebrew, Apollyon in Greek, both names for Satan. So the saved people who have been raptured are ruled by Satan.

Those who have not been taken up, but who believed they should have been, will be "weeping and gnashing their teeth." They'll be angry at God. And the realization that they have been left behind will hurt like the sting of a scorpion. This psychic pain will go on for five months until Oct. 21, 2011. Then 2 Peter 3:10 and 12 will occur. "The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
    Uh, sure. So it's legitimate to just grab a verse from here and a verse from there and build something on it and call it proper interpretation. Because that's exactly what the above does.

The number 153 fishes refers to those in the net that was not broken, those who have been raptured.
    Uh, sure. It couldn't possibly refer to, oh, I don't know, FISH?? This miraculous catch was what confirmed to the disciples that it really was Jesus talking to them. I have no idea why that isn't enough.

153 is the actual number of days from May 21, 2011 until Oct. 21, 2011. Even though the saved people will be in heaven during those 5 months, the entire program of salvation/judgment is yet not complete. That's what 2 Corinthians 2:16 refers to. The completion of judgment.
    If this stuff doesn't prove conclusively that context means nothing in Camping's (and HSB's) system, I don't know what will. It's easy to grab words from here and there as desired and build something that fits your preconceived notions, but that doesn't make it right. And this approach is so far beyond ridiculous, I'm not sure English even has a word for it.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 1, 2011, 12:34 PM
    [QUOTE=HeadStrongBoy;2759388]NeedKarma

For the sake of brevity I'll summarize. The statement that no man knows was more than true during the Church Age. In fact Jesus said that, in effect, it was none of their business. Acts 1:7 says "it is not for you to know..." The reason given is that their task was to get out the gospel, and don't be distracted by these side issues. But all of that changed in 1988. Now God has removed the seals from the Bible and much new insight is possible. Those who God plans to save, and perhaps some others who also studied the Bible, not only are able to know but they must know so that they can warn the world. A warning trumpet must give a clear sound, with facts.

However, after 1988, those who will continue to believe church teachings will continue to expect Christ to come "as a thief in the night," that is unexpectedly. So for them, that particular verse remains as true as ever. They refuse to look at the whole Bible. And they refuse to follow the rules. So for those who will not be saved... they cannot (or will not) know.
    So I go to church now, along with my family-will God look down on me for that? Since I clearly have not studied the bible, is that a good chance that He will not accept me? What about my children? They are very young in age, one of them are just learning to read. Should I have started reading the bible to them when they were babies? I'm not being sarcastic here...

If always having God in our hearts, and praying to him, and spreading the word of God (although not in biblical terms) to others, but just by believing and following-would God accept me and my family?

I've done some pretty effed up things in my life-sinful things. Will God forgive me? How will I know?

These are mainly hypothetical questions; however, how does one prepare for something like this? Is it too late for some?
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Depressed

The interpretation is that the scorpions represent the saved people who've been raptured. Those who have not been taken up, but who believed they should have been, will be "weeping and gnashing their teeth." They'll be angry at God. And the realization that they have been left behind will hurt like the sting of a scorpion. This psychic pain will go on for five months until Oct. 21, 2011. Then 2 Peter 3:10 and 12 will occur. "The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The number 153 fishes refers to those in the net that was not broken, those who have been raptured. 153 is the actual number of days from May 21, 2011 until Oct. 21, 2011. Even though the saved people will be in heaven during those 5 months, the entire program of salvation/judgment is yet not complete. That's what 2 Corinthians 2:16 refers to. The completion of judgment.
    YOUR KIDDING, RIGHT?
    How the heck do you get the raptured church out of scorpions, one of the plagues that God sends to the world AFTER he has taken his church out of the world?? Are you making this stuff up as you go along?

Apr 1, 2011, 12:43 PM

Southamerica
    HSB- Where did 1988 come about? And what seals have been removed? Where did the new information come from that was previously unavailable? Was it new verses? A prophet?
    [1] No new verses. Revelation 22:18 and 19. In other words nothing is to be added to the Bible, and nothing is to be taken away from it. Since the completion of the Bible about 2000 years ago God has given no more supernatural revelations. No more visions, no more voices, no dreams, no healings, no physical miracles of any kind.
    [2] Daniel 12:9 says:"And he said Go thy way Daniel. For the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end." Revelation 8:1says:"And when He had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour." That was the first day of The Great Tribulation in 1988.
    [3] The Biblical development (or proof-if you prefer) is somewhat complex. Right now I'm too tired to work on this anymore. But if you don't want to wait for me, the information is available FREE from Family Stations, Inc. Ask for the book by Harold Camping called The End of The church Age and After.

Apr 1, 2011, 12:46 PM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dwashbur again.

Thank you for your clarifications! It was like ready English!
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 1, 2011, 12:51 PM
    southamerica

Right now I'm too tired to work on this anymore. But if you don't want to wait for me, the information is available FREE from Family Stations, Inc. Ask for the book by Harold Camping called The End of The church Age and After.
    Please, before you go, if you can suggest-how does someone who it took over a quarter of their lifetime to really accept Jesus into their heart-have a chance to be accepted by God when this day comes? (I'm using this as an example)
    What criteria must be met to be accepted?
    I'm just asking your opinion-nothing more.

Apr 1, 2011, 12:52 PM

I guess I'm still not seeing how 1988 comes into play? I went to the website briefly and as far as I can tell the date is arbitrary?

I went to college for literature, and it's amazing how a class of 20 students can write 20 different papers about 1 book... all interpreting it differently. In many cases you'd swear they were reading different books!

I am still curious as to which verse tells us how to interpret the bible...

(Authors rarely tell you how, audience interpretation is part of the magic of literature)
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post

I am still curious as to which verse tells us how to interpret the bible...

(Authors rarely tell you how, audience interpretation is part of the magic of literature)
    First of all, you must take what people like HSB are saying as false teachings. He is not willing to come on here to defend his beliefs, so I have no other options. Now as to how to interpretate the Bible question. Take it exactly as it says. There is no mystery in what the Bible says. I subscribe that God inspired the words written in the Bible. So it is a road map of how to live, how to treat others and how you need to prepare your soul for the soon coming of out Lord. As warning to HSB and others, I think they need to read Revelation 22:18-21. God clearly tells us exactly will happen to those that spread false teachings.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 1, 2011, 01:56 PM
    No more visions, no more voices, no dreams, no healings, no pyhsical miracles of any kind? No wonder you subscribe to the BS that you do... you obvisouly grew up in a church where your head was shoved down a hole. The bible tells us clearly that these signs will follow those that believe... if you're not seeing those signs in the ministry you belong to... I suggest you hook up with some people that actually have faith.

Acts 2:17
    "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 04:15 PM
    [1] No new verses. Revelation 22:18 and 19. In other words nothing is to be added to the Bible, and nothing is to be taken away from it. Since the completion of the Bible about 2000 years ago God has given no more supernatural revelations. No more visions, no more voices, no dreams, no healings, no physical miracles of any kind.
    Which Bible? The Hebrew Bible? The KJV? The Wycliffe version? The Gutenberg? The English Revised Version? The New International version? Comparisons between the different versions of the Bible (and when you start counting all the translations to all the world languages, there are HUNDREDS of versions of the Bible) show the average similarity score to only be around 60%. That means that ONLY 60% of the Bible is EXACTLY the same from version to version, translation to translation. So which one are YOU using? Which one is the "right" Bible?
    PS--the Bible wasn't completed 2000 years ago--not even CLOSE. The first Bible transcriptions weren't really put in place until the middle ages--somewhere around 400 CE, if I remember correctly. Before that, there were MULTIPLE oral traditions, but no one "Bible". And even then, they didn't include ALL of the oral traditions into the Bible... or even some of the written. That's what the Catholic Apocrypha are--and the Dead Sea Scrolls as well. So--closer to 1600 years, not 2000. And if you tell me that 400 years doesn't make a difference, I'll start REALLY doubting your ability to predict any date.
    [2] Daniel 12:9 says:"And he said Go thy way Daniel. For the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end." Revelation 8:1says:"And when He had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour." That was the first day of The Great Tribulation in 1988.
    And that's based on--what, again? You still haven't told me how you've figured out the seals have been broken and that 1988 is the year that Satan took over the church. Still don't remember a sackcloth sun or a blood moon.
    [3] The Biblical development (or proof-if you prefer) is somewhat complex. Right now I'm too tired to work on this anymore. But if you don't want to wait for me, the information is available FREE from Family Stations, Inc. Ask for the book by Harold Camping called The End of The church Age and After.
    The development of the Bible IS very complex---it stretches for about 2500 years in total development. MOST of the development is oral tradition. Ever play telephone? How often is the phrase at the end the same as the starting phrase? All it takes is changing ONE WORD to change an entire meaning.

I think this whole thing is unsupportable by the Bible in the same way that saying that it was okay to enslave blacks for hundreds of years because Ham looked on Noah naked was unsupportable. When people not brainwashed look at it with logic, the whole thing is ludicrous.

You have yet to post anything that I can even take seriously, because you've taken random pieces of the Bible, stuck them together, and called them "prophecy". Any idiot can do that. Give me a day, and I'll give you my own prediction on something silly as well.

On second thought---I'm not wasting my time doing something like that.

Basically, your arguments have yet to convince me of anything but that May 21st will be just another day.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 04:21 PM

My anniversary is on May 27. I plan to party like it's the end of the world, and I'm sure I'll live to see that day and many others after it.

In short, I'll be here on May 27, and now that all of you have been told, I expect a congrats on 16 years of marriage from all of you, including Mr. Headstrongboy. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    My anniversary is on May 27.
    Ours is May 28 (so I wouldn't be a June bride). Forty-four years. Let's party!

Apr 1, 2011, 05:21 PM
    May 22nd is a Sunday. Either a lot of people are going to be in church that day... because they realize they need to learn a little more about God... or there are going to be a lot of people MISSING from church that day. As a born again Christian, I'm looking forward to and fully expecting to be here for my birthday in June.

Apr 1, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    I'll forget, so happy anniversary now.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Ours is May 28 (so I wouldn't be a June bride). Forty-four years. Let's party!!
    Mine would have been June 14, thirty-one years... at least I don't have to remember that date any more!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String theory and M-theory [ 4 Answers ]

What are the basic ideas behind the string theory? What about the M-theory : how advanced is it? Is it the truly unifying theory we all wish to see?

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search