Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

May 3, 2011, 01:23 PM

WG- I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic? I was kidding.

I do admit it shouldn't be something we joke... but it was to prove somewhat of a point.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2011, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    WG- I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic? I was kidding.

I do admit it shouldn't be something we joke... but it was to prove somewhat of a point.
    Not sure what your point was. I personally was horrified at the notion.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

May 3, 2011, 01:32 PM

It's a good thing to think about, I would say.

To say that God actually did it when it hits so close to home (i.e. when it's already happened and effected so many), it paints those assertions in a very serious light.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

May 3, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not sure what your point was. I personally was horrified at the notion.
    My point was the ease of speculation and the facts behind these specualtions.

Someone had asked about the natural disasters as of late and if they were in fact natural or God created. We could speculate all day but no one knows... that was my point!
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

May 3, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Wondergirl,

Do you think that just maybe mans misuse of money and missuse of earths natural forces could have caused such catastropies? People were waned to get theit levy's fixed and strengthened before Katrina. Ten years before! The government officials ignored those warnings also.

If you see a disaster and are warned to prepare for it, and that warning is ignored, that is not God's fault but it is selfish men who rather pocket the money the dos what is right for all persons. God is a loving God 'not one that DISTROYS the good with the wicked. You call the earth sources "mother nature", I call it God's creations. If man abuses those God given sources, That is not God's fault, but wicked people who abuse those souces for personal gan are at blame. God does not need to test us, he knows what each of us are in our hearts.

Peace, Hope12
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 02:05 PM
    We will be beset by earthquakes and tornadoes and floods and murders and economic problems.

Oooops, those are all happening already.
    Right on! You go, girl.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2011, 02:47 PM

Hope12's Comment:
    Do you think that just maybe mans misuse of earths natural forces could have caused such catastropies?

That is EXACTLY what I said! God's not testing us. Nature has been insulted and is getting back at us.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Hope12's Comment:
    Do you think that just maybe mans misuse of earths natural forces could have caused such catastropies?

That is EXACTLY what I said! God's not testing us. Nature has been insulted and is getting back at us.
    More precisely, all our actions have consequences.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 04:05 PM

"nature is beng insulted"? Do you think the Earth is alive and cares a damn? Will the trees fight back when you cut them down? This is not some place of fantasy but fact. God gave us the Earth to rule over and subdue, we are doing that, however imperfectly, this places us within God's will.

Please stop this peusdo religious nonsense
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    "nature is beng insulted"?
    That's a figure of speech. If man cuts down the Amazon jungles, bad things will result.
    do you think the Earth is alive and cares a damn? Will the trees fight back when you cut them down?
    No, but the bare earth will.
    God gave us the Earth to rule over and subdue, we are doing that, however imperfectly, this places us within God's will.
    He also gave man a brain to rule the earth and subdue it with intelligence.
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 04:26 PM
    That's a figure of speech. If man cuts down the Amazon jungles, bad things will result.

No, but the bare earth will.

He also gave man a brain to rule the earth and subdue it with intelligence.
    The issue isn't whether man causes impacts he has been doing that for eons, whether digging in the Earth, moving rivers, or burning but whether what is happening is God's vengeance. Man will suffer the consequences of his actions but to wrap this up in some religious jargon and attribute spiritual significance to it is pure nonsense. The intelligence of man has outstripped his abilities to think of the consequences first because greed has taken over, what we see are the consequences of an avaricious nature and greed typified by a society that consumes more and more for the sake of it. Man needs to get back to the simplicity God provided, we truly live in the age of paradise lost
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 07:11 PM
    "nature is beng insulted"? do you think the Earth is alive and cares a damn? Will the trees fight back when you cut them down? This is not some place of fantasy but fact. God gave us the Earth to rule over and subdue, we are doing that, however imperfectly, this places us within God's will.

Please stop this peusdo religious nonsense
    Ever hear of personification or anthropomorphization? Lighten up, friend.
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 07:19 PM
    ................whether what is happening is God's vengence................... Man will suffer the consequences of his actions but to wrap this up in some religious jargon and attribute spiritual significance to it is pure nonsense. ..... Man needs to get back to the simplicity God provided, we truely live in the age of paradise lost
    Religious jargon?

Indeed.

Did you read what you wrote?
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Religious jargon?

Indeed.

Did you read what you wrote?
    Of course I read what I wrote and most of my response is directed at Hope12 who insists on quoting the outpourings of watchtower but suggesting nature is animate is a form of religion
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2011, 08:09 PM
    of course I read what I wrote and most of my response is directed at Hope12 who insists on quoting the outpourings of watchtower but suggesting nature is animate is a form of religion
    OK
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 05:41 AM

I haven't read all the posts but would like to comment on natural disasters.

Since the fall of man back in the garden of Eden the earth has experienced natural disasters. In fact, it is all part of the curse.

In Mathew 24, the Lord explained that things would only get worse. As a Christian, I believe him. BUT there IS a day coming when the Lord Jesus will set things right. During his 1000 year reign, there will be no natural disasters. The earth will be like the Lord originally wanted it to be. The Lion shall lie down with the lamb. But until then, expect it to get worse.
    It doesn't matter if mankind had taken great care of this earth and everyone had gone "green" 6000 years ago. It is what it is and there is no stopping it.

To the OP:

There is always going to be some person exclaiming the end of the world. The Bible was written so that we can understand certain events and timelines. I believe there is a spiritual clock and it IS ticking. But GOD says no one knows the day or the hour. Therefore, Mr. Camp and HB do NOT have a clue of an exact date of anything. Sadly they have no answers either. They can give you NO assurance of salvation or an exact way to the Father. I find it ironic they have mathematically pinpointed a date of doom... but can't understand a simple Gospel. The Bible says WHOsoever shall calll upon the name of the Lord will be saved. But not according to them. Well... The Bible says let God be true and every man a liar.

We should all stop listening to men who put a date on something that God said no one knew. It is NOT biblical.

May 5, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Definitely Wondergirl! Agree man is destroying the earth and life on it, not God. Those destroying the earth are the first ones to blame God. God would never kill innocent men, women, and children that he loves enough to allow his son to die for us so we can live. Only wicked man can do such a thing.
    Peace,
    Hope12
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 5, 2011, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    God would never kill innocent men, women, and children
    Sure he does:
    Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 5, 2011, 09:47 AM

Boy, I'd love to get into technicalities, here.

I mean, it's considered negligent homocide if you LET someone die when you could save them--especially if you have a responsibility to try to save them, as in a parent over a child, or a child care provider.

So... since god is the "Father", doesn't have have a responsibility to save the lives of his children? If he DOES, wouldn't he be guilty of at least negligent homocide for letting innocent people die when he has the power of miracles to save them?

Doesn't that mean that God DOES let innocent people die?

May 5, 2011, 09:58 AM
    Hello NeedKarma,

Thanks for the reading material you suggested.
    Sure he does:
    Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total)
    However, when one has true faith and confidence in the God of the Universe, they do not need to read mans estimates of what they think. Those who estimate such things are just imperfect men. I know that the creator of such wonderful things as the human body, would never destroy it in such an evil ways.

Peace,
    Hope12

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String theory and M-theory [ 4 Answers ]

What are the basic ideas behind the string theory? What about the M-theory : how advanced is it? Is it the truly unifying theory we all wish to see?

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search