Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    austin2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 12:53 PM
    my boyfriend is being charged with theft under 5000x3
    hello,
    My boyfriend is being charged with theft under 5000x3 from his previous employer. Just over a year ago he was charged with 2 counts of Assault and three breaches. He had an absolute discharge of this. So I'm not sure if this will affect his sentence or not. We are wondering what the possible sentencing might be and also what kind of lawyer he will need?[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 01:55 PM

You will need a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

It would helpful if the lawyer had some criminal law experience.
    austin2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 02:04 PM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    What is the possible sentencing? Is he looking at jail time? Or probation or a curfew?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 05:48 AM

Hello a:

There's no way to tell what a judge will do. There are MANY, MANY factors that go into sentencing, and we know only a couple of them.

If you want to AFFECT the length of time he serves, hire the best criminal lawyer you can.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charged With Theft Under, Could I Get Off on it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm Krystal, I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and just today I was with my 2 friends Zack and Erica at Superstore. Well I was walking around, not really paying attention to what anyone else was doing, just kind of off in my own world.. Then Erica decided it's time to leave so we give Zack...

16 year old charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery what will [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery for finding a debit card and buying 3 items in Bridgewater Commons Mall New Jersey that I believe came up to $300 I used credit and had to sigh the receipt I didn't use my name but the name on the card. I was brought to the police...

Bipolar Boyfriend charged with theft over $5,000 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Just a brief summary of what transpired: Last Dec. my boyfriend went 'manic' and ended up stealing (what police say and charged him for theft over $5,000) from his aunt. His aunt had given him keys to her place that day. She knew he was acting sort of strangely but never...

Can you still be charged for a theft after? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Ontario,Canada and about 4 years ago I was fired for stealing from my employer. What happened was on several different times I would mark down the wrong amount of bowling league members down wrong and take the $$$$. Eventually I was caught and was fired, however, I got to write...

View more questions Search