Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gunace Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 11:05 AM
    Presentation fear
    Oh my god! Soon the presentation will take place in our class. Our teacher has given us projects for each students. And we are told to present in front of the class. There will be 10 students and other 3 teachers. It will carry marks also. I don't know how can I present myself beacause I have never done it!. Please I need some tips please! The test starts soon... 3 days to go
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 30, 2011, 11:25 AM
    Start practicing. Break it up into chunks and rehearse, rehearse, rehears, until it's very routine for you. When you are actually doing it for the grade, try not to think of the crowd. Think about it as if you were only talking to one person. That's not so hard, right? You can do it!
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Mar 30, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Is this High school or College. If college, after this class, I suggest taking a "communications" class.

For this though situation, the best advice I can give is:

Be PREPARED. Most students fail to prepare correctly, and in doing so, completely fail at presenting the info. How can you present something that you have not researched.

Secondly, rehearse. Have a friend or family member sit and listen to your presentation before you do it in front of the class. This"Dry Run" will help you figure out where you need to improve. Ask for constructive criticism.

Lastly, realize it's not the end of the world. Some people take presentations much too seriously. And honestly, half of your classmates aren't even paying attention (trust me). And the other half are nervous also.

---and the bonus advice--- GO FIRST, if the option is there. This will give you the comfort of knowing "I'm Done, it's over". . then you sit back and observe.

Good Luck, please let me know how it goes.

Mar 30, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Comment on sharper11's post
    ---also, take pauses and pace yourself. If you forget something, take a moment to think, in silence and get back on it. --- One of the biggest mistakes I see is that people lose their concentration and then apologize for forgetting.. . This points out a mistake. If you just pause and start again (saying nothing) it looks like you know what's going on :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 06:52 PM

Knowledge breeds confidence.

As the others have said prepare and practice.

Speak clearly, look at the class and project.

Stringer
    gunace Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 07:42 PM
    My turn is at second last. And I'm at bachelor level first year in informatics college. Thanks for the tips sir

Apr 11, 2011, 11:10 AM
    No problem gunace.. . Curious to hear how it went

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self presentation [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think self presentation has a lot to do with being professional?

View more questions Search