Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebutler12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 06:30 PM
    Computer monitor want come on and power light is yellow want stay green.
    What makes the monitor not power up, and the power light turn yellow.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 30, 2011, 10:05 AM
    If its an LCD monitor, I had an issue once with the power cord in the back becoming loose. The power light would light up so there was some power, but the screen stayed black. What I found was that since LCD power cords usually plug in upwards in the back, they can work themselves out if the monitor or cord is moved around, or just from gravity I suppose. After I pushed the plug all the way up, my screen came back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor and computer flashing yellow light [ 4 Answers ]

My monitor and computer stays in power save mode and I'm stuck at what to do. I've tried shutting the entire system down by turning off everything. It then comes back on green (the monitor) but the computer light remains yellow (flashing). Can someone advise me on what to do PLEASE!!

I want to attach a second monitor, the green light is on but it says no signal? [ 2 Answers ]

My video cards supports two monitor, I connected the second monitor to it. It shows the green light but it says no signal. When I started the computer up both monitors where showing the windows logo and started XP. Then it went blank but the green light is on. Please help! Thank you.

My monitor on green light is blinking but no display [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor on green light is blinking.. processor is on and am hearing music. And I know inside process are going well but my monitor doesn't display after xp boot screen.. but it displays output in safe mode.. in normal mode monitor displays up to boot screen until that green light is constantly...

Green power light blinks on monitor, and no picture [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot get a picture on my screen, and I cannot get the green light on my monitor to stop blinking, or go into resting mode. All the cords work great, because we hooked them up to my mom's montior and that worked.

View more questions Search