Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leopold Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
    When are you forced to transfer your probation?
    I was just accepted into a co-op in Georgia where I would spend 3 months at the job, then head back to school in Pennsylvania for 3 months and flip flop like that for 3 rotations. However I am currently on probation for another 1.5 years and my PO would prefer to not have to transfer me to Georgia every 3 months if he can help it and I feel the same way. He said he is going to look at what criteria must be met for you to be required to do an interstate transfer but I was wondering if anyone knew if something like that could be found online or if you have had experience with something like that.

I know the only answer that matters is the one that comes from my PO but I am really curious/excited about this co-op so I am hoping I can find out sooner rather than later. Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    However I am currently on probation for another 1.5 years and my PO would prefer to not have to transfer me to georgia every 3 months if he can help it and I feel the same way. He said he is going to look at what criteria must be met for you to be required to do an interstate transfer

I know the only answer that matters is the one that comes from my PO but I am really curious/excited about this co-op so I am hoping i can find out sooner rather than later. Thanks.
    Hello l:

I'm not understanding a couple things... First off, what matters is what the WRITTEN policy and procedure manual says, and NOT what comes out of the PO's mouth... They have been knows to LIE!

Next is that written policy... It ALLOWS transfers, it does NOT mandate them. He's not going to find anything in there that REQUIRES him to transfer you back and forth every couple months. Lastly, I don't understand WHY you don't want to do this coop thing...

excon

Mar 29, 2011, 03:39 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Well he is kind of new (and isn't the hardest worker) so it wouldn't be too far off for him to just genuinely not know if he had to transfer me or not. At any rate are you saying that if he wanted to let me go down to GA for three months without transferring me there is nothing stopping him? I hope you are right. Also I DO want to do the co-op I just know that transfers are kind of a hassle for my PO in terms of paper work (and I'd prefer to keep him as happy as possible for obvious reasons)

Thank you for your help! =)

Mar 29, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    So what I mean is that I want to go down to GA but mail in from there, which my PO said he would be cool with if it was possible (the guy needs to get on the ball) and then return to the regular appointments when I get back to PA and not have to hassle with paperwork.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    Well he is kinda new.. At any rate are you saying that if he wanted to let me go down to GA for three months without transferring me there is nothing stopping him?
    Hello again, l:

No, I'm NOT saying that. If you go you must be transferred... But, the interstate compact isn't set up for commuters. MOST PO'S would just tell you NO - get a job that keeps you in the jurisdiction. As soon as he investigates it, if he does, he'll come to the same conclusion.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

I need help. I have a friend that is on probation, he has never vilated any terms of his probation and recently asked his probation officer to transfer his probation to another state. He had to pay a filing fee, and fill out paper work and is now waiting. He has since started nursing school and...

AZ Probation Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

I am a very long probation sentence in AZ. I have heard is next to impossible to transfer. But I have no one here. Me and my kids need to be near my family. My son's father is here, and I know he will fight this. What steps do I need to take to get out of here and what is the likelihood that it...

Transfer probation [ 3 Answers ]

I have posted a couple of times, but I was wondering about this. I spoke with the po here in Illinois about getting a travel pass for a month to go to Utah. He said that would be fine but I have to see him first. The question is this, once I am out in Utah could I go to the probation department...

Can I transfer my probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can transfer my probation to another state if I'm on informal probation?

View more questions Search