Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:36 AM
    OMG, I didn't even notice that.

Has anyone seen "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"

Errrmmm, I'm not.

Well, I got MOST of last weeks questions right. But even Johnny (5) got some right too.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 10:47 AM
    There does seem to be more friction between Ryan and Simon this year. Ryan really hates Simon. And, I think Simon doesn't give a damn. I have to admit, I have secret crush on Simon. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. ;) He cracks me up and for the most part, he is right on target with his opinions

J_9, I have seen that show. Love the kiddies on it. I wondered if they are picking contestants who really don't remember anything. Most of those questions, I knew the answers to. I am a big fan of Jeopardy when I have the time to watch it. I wonder what would happen if they used any of those contestants for that new show. Some of those questions were so easy. But, I guess nerves probably play a big factor in it. Fun and educational show actually. I think it will be around for a while.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Okay Ruby so you are smarter than a 5th grader, don't rub it in . LOL

But I do like Simon's style, as cruel and crass as it is, he is honest, brutally honest, but honest nonetheless.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Yup, I am smarter than a 5th grader. Nyah to you.:p

I wish I could do the koooool graphics you can. My system isn't capable of it. I have been putting off buy a new system as long as I can. Now with the new Vista coming out, I might have to rethink it and find the money somehow. Although, I am thinking about switching to a MAC. When I am ready, I will be picking Scott's brain.

And yes, Simon is brutally honest. But, that is what got me hooked I think. If these kids would listen to what he says, it would serve them well.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Simon's attitude is what got me hooked too. Now though I kind of watch it to see what shape Paula will be in... although it was a lot worse during auditions, she seems better now.

I like that Smarter then a 5th grader show and I find the questions to be easy... but I can see where some would find them difficult. They are not questions that would arise in some peoples' everyday world.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Mar 7, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Hi guys! Did you see A.I. tonight? I like it. It's one of the shows I really enjoy to get away from reality. That Pickler girl looked like a teenager last year & now she looked 30 to me last night!
    Anyway, the guys have maybe one good singer but the gals have a few. The one who sang last tonight, I think she'll win or be close with the other black girl with the short hair. I do have to get their names. All that but I voted for the black girl, Semantha? no, but her name starts with S. I voted for the other Chris with the short hair. In fact , I voted for the both of them last week too.
    Catherine McVee was on Jay Leno last night. I thought she was way better than Taylor Hicks but I think she lost because she acted a little stuck-up like attitude.
    So, how did you like the gals' performances tonight?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Doolittle is an amazing singer. The best.

Simon is hilarious. I usually agree with him. Honest, straight to the point and does not really care if people like his opinion or not.

Joe
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2007, 12:10 AM
    Hardly see the show, but my wife's had it on a few times this last week.

Simon is the only one on the show who has a clue and lives in the real world. Ryans insults about simon seem to be the only gag he's got at this point.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 06:35 AM
    The only male who has a chance of sticking around is Burke. Since I really haven't followed the show in the past, I'm not sure of how the eliminations go. But the finals are going to come down to all girls. My prediction; DooLittle is going to do a LOT! Melinda is clearly the one to beat. Lakisha has a chance. Stephanie and Jordan will round out the top 4. The rest will fall by the wayside.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 06:39 AM
    If Melinda Doolittle doesn't win this competition, I will be very, very upset and take it out on everyone around me! Heehee.

She has been the most consistent in her vocals. She is amazing. As all the judges pointed out, she is already in the professional category, she can cut an album tomorrow.
    All the rest, cannot hold a candle to her. I love Lakisha but even she is miles behind Melinda.

Retrotia, I agree about Kelly Pickler. Her makeover made her look like a middle aged hausfrau.

The white rocker chick was pretty good last night only because she is different and sets herself apart from the crowd. There was another white girl there that was okay, but bland. I think she will go tonight. No one is ready for Barbarella to go home, even though she should. Sorry, can't remember any of the white girls names. They kind of all look alike to me.
    -

Mar 8, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Dogonnit! Rats!
    They voted my gal off tonight! Even Randy said America got that one wrong. I thought she would go to the last 4. Bye Sabrina. She had more talent than all the white chicks combined.
    AND she was better looking too.
    So I guess I just want to see if Melinda beats Stephanie now. At least that's my opinion- those 2- but the way America kept those other white girls in this week- I'm not certain at all on how the votes will go.
    Oh well, that was fun... NOT! :(
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2007, 07:19 PM
    What about sundance getting the boot instead of sanjaya?

Mar 9, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Sundance deserved another week. So did Jared. Phil, Chris and Sanjaya should have been the ones voted out (or at least 2 of those 3). But, frankly it don't matter. There are at least 5 girls better than any of the guys. Including Sabrina who got robbed last night.

But then even that don't matter. Unless she really screws up Melinda has it locked up.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Well, I finally got my wish! Barbie Doll is gone and we don't have to be tortured anymore listening to her sing. I was kind of shocked about Sabrina. There were others that should have gone before her. But, in the end I guess it doesn't matter. I think if Melinda keeps bringing it every week the way she has, she will walk away with it this year. But, sorry Retro, I don't agree about Stephanie. She has potential and I think she will be in the lower number of the finals but it is going to be neck and neck with LaKisha. Melinda is just so far ahead of everyone else in her capabilities, training, and talent. If for some strange reason, she doesn't win, she will be like Chris Daughtry and Clay Aiken. She will be picked up for a contract by someone and will do very, very well.

Yes J, I keep waiting for Sanjaya to get the boot. Not that unhappy about Sundance because he hasn't been very consistent in his performances. But, a little surprised that it wasn't the two of them going home instead of what was his name? Jared? Although I am not really disappointed. When compared to the women, only Blake has that certain something. What is weird about Sanjaya is that he is a good singer. His problem is a total lack of confidence. There is no power behind his voice and there isn't any spark in his performances. Simon was right. It is like watching a high school musical when he performs. He needs more work and polish and to get some self-assurance.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 08:52 AM
    SUNDANCE! What the heck happened there?
    Let's face it... Phil was nowhere as good as Sundance

Mar 9, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Remember Jennifer Hudson was voted out in a previous year. Shows how knowledgeable Americans are about talent.

This is only a talent show until it gets to the final 24. When America starts voting it becomes a popularity contest. I guess Sabrina and Sundance don't have as many friends and Haley and Phil.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Very true Scott.
    It is almost like Prom Queen and King when we were in high school
    -

Mar 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
    I agree Scott. It's a popularity contest. Simon was in a magazine saying he thinks it will be Melinda & Latisha. That , I wonder, must have been before Latisha sang last week-bc I didn't think she did the song any justice. The audience seems to like Blake. He's got a good chance if he sings as well as he did last week(which surprised me)
    Peter Noon(sp) & Lulu(sp) were great guests. They both have had plastic surgery& looked great! Lol.
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Mar 27, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Hey guys, I accidentally read this one week and found out that Sabrina went out, we see the show after you guys in the US!! I had to keep quiet when watching it with my mum!! Sanjia out soon.. surely? Wasn't it funny when the wee girl kept crying?
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 09:00 AM
    He was not even in the bottom 2 this week.
    I can't believe it!!
    Although now that he is in the top 10 maybe things will change... since now he is on the Idol tour for this season.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He likes me he likes me not [ 8 Answers ]

K this is the thing my best friend has this hot boyfriend and I have a huge crush on him really bad... but he has been hanging out with me and when we were whatching a movie school he moved closer and closer and I didn't mind but my friend did... and then she acussed him of cheating on her with me...

Anyone interested in CANADIAN Idol? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if any Americans or people in other countries get the Canadian version of Idol, but it starts this week on CTV and if anyone is interested in discussing it, I thought I'd start this thread. I enjoy it for the most part, except that I can't stand the host, Ben Mulroney! He is the son of...

American Idol - Who's it going to be? [ 14 Answers ]

So, who do you all think is going to win? Taylor or Katherine? My vote is Taylor, we need someone unique to win. :D

Any American Idol fans out there? [ 44 Answers ]

It's one of only 2-3 "network" TV shows we watch in my house... and for A.I. the eight of us are glued! I'm rooting for the Joe Cocker-ish fella, but am fairly sure he can't win.:( I predict the crooner was voted out yesterday. We'll find out tonight.

Help me please do you think he still likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my ex broke up 4 months ago because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.but we still talk sometimes and I just talked to him online a few min ago and my pro is all about him and at the end I have I still love you a lot!. and his name he read it and was like why do you still like me...

View more questions Search