Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PCissue129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Warcraft killed my CD drive. Disc drive won't read ANYTHING now. Help?
    Hi there,

I was installing World of Warcraft from the disc, and when it was at 50%, the installation just crashed, stopped working. So, I rebooted my computer, only to find that my disc drive doesn't work anymore. I put the disc in, the light blinks green for a bit saying it's in there, then nothing happens, the disc doesn't even spin.

Thing is, my PC is a damn good one, it's got shiny gold plated RAM and whatnot (Look I don't know the technical stuff, my partner got it custom built professionally for me, I just know it's a super good/fast computer) so there's no reason it should fail like this after trying to install the game...

Anyone know what's going on here? And if it's a case of getting fixed, can anyone tell me what they think it might roughly cost?

Thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 07:11 PM

A new mainstream CD/DVD drive/burner is ~$20-$30 online. Most have a 1 year warranty which should be taken as an indication of the manufacturer's confidence in the longevity of their product. If the computer is new, it is probably still under warranty, consult place of purchase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disc drive [ 6 Answers ]

My computer has just stopped reading cds and the tray opens erratically by itself don't know what's wrong n e ideas

My disc drive won't read any thing [ 6 Answers ]

Disc dirve won't read cd dvds or anything like that help

Insert a disc into disc drive D: [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, recently I bought a new game called Red Alert 3... but when I put it in my computer doesn't load it instead it makes a grinding noise, then stops for a few seconds, then noise again etc. and if I try and go Computer and double click on disc drive D to load it up all it says is Please insert a...

I think there's something wrong with my disc drive [ 7 Answers ]

I have an averatec 3300 laptop and for some reason it reads some cd's and not others. It didn't really bother me too much until I bought Webroot Spysweeper and tried to load it on and my computer just doesn't even seem to recognize that there is a cd in the drive, and it's really frustrating me...

View more questions Search