Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenneth24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 07:48 PM
    I keep replacing the halogen bulb in my light fixture once a week?
    I use 0ne 150 watt bulb as light fixture says per week can not find out why they go so soon
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:17 PM

You can't touch them, or clean.
    Oil from your fingers decrease the life of the bulb.
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2011, 12:02 PM
    The halogen bulb is basically an tungsten filament bulb and is extremely sensitive to overvoltage. The life is calculated by an exponential function based voltage applied. Please check the voltage rating of the bulbs you are using and then check to ensure you are supplying no more than the nameplate voltage shown on the lamp you are using. At a maximum the allowed overvoltage is about 5 volts which will reduce the life of the lamp by about 50%.
    Hope this helps,
    Newton1Law

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Halogen light fixture troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a halogen ceiling light fixture, which over time began lighting only after a delay of several seconds - sometimes it took up to a minute for the light to come on, but it always would come on eventually. Thinking the problem might be a defective bulb, I replaced the bulb with a new one...

Replacing Halogen bulb in Hampton Bay product [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling mounted Hampton Bay product with one T3 halogen bulb and four spots. I cannot remove the burned out T3 to replace it. Any suggestions?

Replacing a ceiling fan with a standard 2 bulb light fixture [ 3 Answers ]

After removing the ceiling fan there were two cables of wire coming into the junction box in the ceiling. One cable (I think from the wall switch) has a red, black, white, and bare copper ground wire. The other cable in the junction box has a black, white, and bare copper ground wire. When I...

Replacing Light Bulb in Hampton Bay Halogen Pendant Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay track lighting system in my dining room and need to replace a couple of bulbs that have gone out. How does the fixture come apart to replace the bulb? The globe is shaped like an inverted champagne flute and it has a frosted cover inside covering the halogen bulb, but the flute...

How to reassemble halogen light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the bulb in my halogen ceiling light fixture but cannot get the assembly back in it's housing. This is the first time I have replaced the bulb. I saw a similar inquiry on this site but have been unable to find thr answer

View more questions Search