Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GracieNeedsYou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Are Humans animals?
    Me and my sister were having a debate about how humans are animals or not. Se insists I ask the world (you ;)) for the answer because she is stubborn >.> please explain to her that humans are animals we just think we are more supreior and eat other animals.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 06:23 PM

Humans are animals. They don't call us the human animal for nothing.

We only rule the world because the other animals haven't figured out how to do it, or don't care.

Now, to be fair to your sister. What is she basing her answer on? Is she basing it on science, or actions?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 07:02 PM

We are animals. We just have opposable thumbs.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 29, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    We are animals. We just have opposable thumbs.
    As do all primates.

To the OP: if your sister inisists that she isn't an animal, tell her that must mean she is actually a vegetable, or a fungus, or a protozoa, or a bacteria, or algae - as all living things fall into one of these six orders.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

May 3, 2011, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    To the OP: if your sister inisists that she isn't an animal, tell her that must mean she is actually a vegetable, or a fungus, or a protozoa, or a bacteria, or algae - as all living things fall into one of these six orders.
    <-- Indeed ;)

Humans are warm blooded living creatures which feed their young with their own milk.
    Warm blooded living creatures which feed their young with their own milk are known as mammals, which are a type of animal.
    samuelspeak Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

May 20, 2011, 11:56 PM
    Yes humans are animals. Humans are taxonomically known as Homo sapiens and belong to the great ape family. Humans are social animals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find tilte of an anime movie with anthro animals and humans fighting in a war [ 2 Answers ]

I want to find a title to an anime movie. I don't remember much about it but here's what I do remember: 1: It's about a boy who fight's in a war or against a castle. 2: There are anthro like animals in it, fighting with and against him. 3: The boy gets hurt and was helped by a villege of...

Why sexual harassment is in humans and not in animals? [ 9 Answers ]

Why there isn't any concept of rape in animals and only in humans? Why there is Sexual harassment in humans and not animals? I've seen hundreds of programs of animals. Whenever female of animal wants to mate, only then her selected male mates with her. I think I've some answer to this as well....

Why is it that humans live longer than most animals [ 3 Answers ]

What make humans live longer than other animals

Old movie with animals who come back as humans [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie years ago and would love to find if it is on DVD. The movie concerned a dog named King who was murdered and went to animal heaven. He was sent back as a human detective who ate dog biscuits. His companion was a girl who once was a horse named Ginger who at one point in the movie...

Humans [ 3 Answers ]

How long have humans inhabited the earth? Thanks! -alison

View more questions Search