Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlno3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 02:00 AM
    My husband seems to NEED female friends... and gets angry if he doesn't
    I had noticed another post like mine, so I am just posting a similar situation

My husband is very nice person, very liberal and open to everyone... he also has 2 sisters and a doting mother! So he's very used to having friends who are girls... sigh.. anywyas, I am definitiely a very jealous person... so he never even talks to other girls, even at parties except for my one 22 year old friend!

She's gorgeous, a mutual friend, great gal... I know shed never do anythign with him but he's been texting her and deleting the messages, and calling her and meeting up with her! Because I don't dogwalk with him, he goes to see her! He won't really let me talk to her anymore and said id better not involve her in our relationship! As we have been fighting a lot... after he started talking to her everyday though, he wants me to start going to church with him, I guess to curb the jealous streak in me...

I think its stopped, I think he feels guilty, but now he just looks so miserable... weve been fighting a lot in our relationship, so I guess he looks to her... he gets angry if I even mention her name as well, we had the same problem with his sister who he adores and now never talks about because I'm too jealous! I know its all my fault but I don't know how to change back to the way we were...

He used to always want to talk to his female friends or even have them sleep over at our place or move in with us! I just don't know what to do either, he is in a much better mood when he talks to them, he's giddy around them, a bit cocky around me, and just a much nicer person to be around sigh... I don't know if I can handle his meanness anymore if he can't see them... should we all hang out together? Should I keep talking about them to make him feel better? Should I invite them over for dinner so that he's happy? It just hurts me so much when he talks and talks about these girls its saying their names over and over again to me!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 04:00 AM

I thought he was being disrespectful to you - until I read that you are jealous of his sister.

I think you need to talk to someone about your jealousy. It's obviously caused some problems in your relationship so far and you don't seem to know how to control it.

Do I want my husband's friends, male or female, to move in with us? No. You have to tell him your concerns (whatever they are) and strike a compromise of some sort. If you have told him that his behavior makes you unhappy and he keeps the same behavior or pattern - and it's unreasonable - then you have a BIG problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 01:01 PM

There is a healthy way to have healthy relationships with people of the opposite sex, when you are married, but you both have to be healthy, and secure in your relationships. If you need help with your personal issues, do get it for yourself, and if he will join you that's better.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 28, 2011, 05:20 PM
    You have jealousy issues sure enough but his hanging out with your friend and wanting his female friend to stay the night and maybe move it is a bit much. His forbidding you to talk to your friend is a bit much. Your husband has some problems too. His need to be around women all of the time even though he has a wife is strange.
    You two need some couple counseling.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Mar 29, 2011, 05:46 AM

How would he feel about you moving a couple of male friends in?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 06:33 AM

Were you jealous of his sister because of the time he spent with her and that was taking time and attention away from you?

I can certainly understand being bothered by his need for such frequent contact with other women, especially your mutual friend that he was texting and visiting and then didn't want you to talk to her anymore. You said she would never do anything, but I would wonder whether he might have crossed the line and she told him to get lost. Now he doesn't want you talking to her so that she won't say something to you.

It sounds as though his need to have these women in his life is an ego boost for him. That he wants some of them to move in, is unusual. Having friends of the opposite sex is fine, but he has gone beyond what most people would be comfortable with.

It is not all your fault. If he behaves as you say he does, his behavior would be considered inappropriate by many and your concern is understandable.

I can see how the two of you perpetuate the cycle... his behavior causes you to feel jealous, he becomes angry and spends even more time with these women and, in turn, you are bothered by it even more.

Have you talked to him when all is calm about this? I wonder how he would feel if you were texting, calling, and spending a great deal of time with other men... I doubt he would be pleased.

Marriage counseling, as Homegirl mentioned, would be a good idea. Perhaps through your church?
    Realist123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 06:46 AM
    If he married you because he loves you and wants to make you happy, as he vowed, then he needs to do what is best for the marriage! As a compromise, he needs to stop contancting your friend when you are not around and only have her as an aquiantence. He knows how you feel about the circumstance and how it hurts you to see him happy with another woman, regardless if it's sexual or not. If he needs an emotional fufilment from another woman, who is not a family member, than he should have never got married! It is completely disrespectful to you, when he contacts her behind your back. The lying he is doing is creating distrust in your marriage. Nobody wants to be lied to and nobody wants to live in secretcy.

The answere is he needs to stop, and if he continues, you need to decide if you want to live your life with someone who is dishonest and doesn't care about the hurt he is causing you. It is not healthy for you to continuely worry about what he is doing. I'm sure he would never want to live in fear about you being dishonest to him...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband angry negative hurtful alone [ 14 Answers ]

After 3 years of marriage, these are my husbands words: I deserve better than you. If we were dating I wouldn’t marry you. I don’t need this stress in my life. If I did what I really wanted then you would have to be very worried. You control everything in this relationship. You are not what I...

Is it okay for my husband to have female friends [ 10 Answers ]

My husband still conversates with a woman he was interested in before we met and he met up with her in las vegas 2 days Before we were married.He says its not a big deal but some of the text Ive seen before didn't seem like that.I let him know once we got married it would have to stop.. but she...

My friends husband cosign for a apartment and she use her first name and my friends s [ 1 Answers ]

My friends husband use as a cosigner for a apt lease without her knowledge and they use another name with the husband last name and thet want to get out of the lease what is the procedure to go tru this the landlord said that the husband can be out off the lease if the other tenant will find...

Friends planning, strip club, angry girlfriend, not knowing boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

As some of you know, I am in a long distance relationship. Which seems to be getting better, but now there is a problem with two friends of ours planning something last night to get me to be mad at my boyfriend. Nice huh. So this is how it went from my point of view. I am talking to my...

View more questions Search