Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gman1000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 08:45 PM
    If I declare bankruptcy in one state will that bankruptcy follow me to another state?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 07:50 AM
    Yes, bankruptcy is a federal procedure that will show up on your credit report, no matter where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to move a case from state to bankruptcy court? [ 2 Answers ]

I filed a Ch7, a cc(credit card)'s attorney is trying to obtain a judgement in state/county court for portion of the cc balance. How do I file the proper paperwork to move the case from the lower court to the bankruptcy court where I filed my Chapter 7?

Do I need to file my state taxes before filing bankruptcy? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I filed our federal taxes for the past two years but not our state. We are in the process of filing chapter 13 bankruptcy. Do we have to file both years prior to filing the chapter 13? My wages are being garnished now and we can't make rent each month with the garnishment in place...

I want to declare bankruptcy. [ 1 Answers ]

Will it erase all my debts or just some of them? I live in Ny state so can someone please just give me some info? Thanks!

Declare bankruptcy? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you declare bankruptcy when you owe 20 000 and if not what do they do,how much do they make you pay per month,can you still put money aside in a bank and what do they take from you.:confused:

View more questions Search