Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akomloss Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Key won't turn after installing new ignition lock cylinder
    Hi,

I own a 1996 honda hatchback.
    My car required a new ignition lock cylinder. I ordered one off line and went about replacing it. I managed to get it installed. But my problem is after I connect the ignition switch to my new ignition lock cylinder my car won't allow me to turn my key all the way to the 3rd position (inorder to start my car). However if I take a screw driver or any key and turn it in the ignition switch when it is not attached to the ignition lock, the car would start.

Can help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 02:34 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lock and key [ 2 Answers ]

::) Hi can anyone help me to explain the lock and key mechanism of enzyme function. I also need to look at factors such as build up of toxins in the body, body temp or ph balance. Would be grateful for any help, thanks. Miss h

Key stuck in ignition [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn off the car the key will not pull out from the ignition. The wheels will turn when they shouldn't. Any ideas?

Spare key does not turn in the ignition [ 5 Answers ]

First of all I would like to say hello and I am new to Ask Me Help Desk Forums. My problem started with the key breaking in half while it was in the ignition. I was on my way home, parked, and turned the engine off. I then pulled the keys out of the ignition. As I was getting out of the...

Enzyme lock and key [ 1 Answers ]

Explain the enzyme as a lock and key model. Be sure to use the terms active site, substrate, product, and reactants. :o

Turn ignition key: it just clicks [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1982 dodge D150 with a straight 6 auto and someone messed with it and know when I turn the key all it dose is click how do I fix this problem

View more questions Search