Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmpainting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Painting Contractor
    I have a painting business and would like to know how to get jobs from general contractors . Also how to bid on them. I have my license and liability ins. And workers comp.
    hwonkihele Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpainting
    I have a painting business and would like to know how to get jobs from general contractors . Also how to bid on them. I have my license and liability ins. and workers comp.
    Draft a letter introducing yourself and your business. Request the opportunity to bid on any upcoming jobs. Send it to every General Contractor in your area ( start with the yellow pages ). Worked for me as Drywall contractor. All you'll be out is postage.
    cookpaintingllc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpainting
    I have a painting business and would like to know how to get jobs from general contractors . Also how to bid on them. I have my license and liability ins. and workers comp.
    I own a painting company in IN. Your best bet is to get right into it and put the sales face on... then knock on their door. Drive around to your local large home supplies store and park for a while. All the GC's go there and you can catch them. Leave cards everywhere... vistaprint.com great prices... free. Once you get their attention you need to ask for the opportunity to earn their business. You need to focus on getting the jobs from home owners themselves.. more money. Drive around.. put fliers in newspaper boxes.. and get detailing on your van/truck. Too many painters and your'll need to stand out and let them know you will be arounbd for a while. Cost me 600.00 to detail 3 sides of my van. I have been doing this for 4 years going on 5 and have always had work. You can also link up with siding companies.. not vinyl.. they always need painting when they are done and you should be able to get 1.50 sqft with a lot of work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Per Diem for Contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I am employed by a VA based staffing company and at present I am working as a contractor at CA. I hold H1B visa and my legal status in the U.S. is non resident alien. Due to nature of my job, I am required to relocate at least twice a year. My question is that if I am working on an assignment which...

Getting insurance as a contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have no health insurance because I just started working on a contract basis. How to I get insurance as a contractor? I don't make much so I am looking at the cheapest option

New independent contractor [ 2 Answers ]

I just took 2nd job--as independent contractor. I don't want to end up having to pay at end of tax year (2006) so can someone tell me what I need to do to pay taxes throughout year out of each check I receive so I don't end up having to pay at the end of the year next year?? I'd rather do it on...

Contractor [ 2 Answers ]

This might be a silly question but here goes, I am a middle aged man wanting to start a painting business, a career change if you will? But do I need some kind of contractors license to do this? I paint fantastic and pretty good in faux painting. How would I get by without getting sued for being a...

Sub-contractor liability [ 3 Answers ]

I am a resident of Michigan,and am a sub-contractor for a limo company. I am curious about a situation that happened to two other employees one was hit by a stolen car and was charged by our boss the deductible for the damage.the other guy hit a barrier and is being charged for all the repairs to...

View more questions Search