Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 12, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Raisin bread
    500 g selfraising flour, 500 ml buttermilk, 2 ml salt, 1 cup seedles raisins , 25 ml sugar. Place all ingredients together. Mix well. Grease a loaf container and line the bottom with wax paper. Place breadmixture into container and level out . Bake at 180 deg until done
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 22, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Barbecue sauce
    2 onions, 2 cloves garlic, 50 ml oil, 1 can tomato purée, 1 pkt oxtail soup powder, 500 ml boiling water, 750 ml fruit chutney, 40 ml sugar. Peel and chop the onions finely, bruise garlic and sauté onions and garlic in oil. Mix the tomato purée and soup powder and stir into the onion mixture , bring to boil. Add chutney and sugar lastly and let simmer
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Oct 6, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Delicious Apple Pie with Crumb Topping Recepie
    (9 inch pie)

PIE CRUST
    1 C Flour
    1/2 t. salt
    1/3 C. + T. Shorting
    2 to 3 T. cold water

1.In a medium bowl, mix together flour salt.
    2. Using a pastry blender or with two knives, cut in shortening until particles are the size of peas,
    3.sprinkle cold water one tablespoon at a time. Mix lightly until dough leaves the side of the bowl.
    4.Roll out the dough between two pieces of lightly floured waxed paper to 1/8 thickness.

APPLE FILLING
    3/4 C. brown sugar
    1/4 C. flour
    1/2 t nutmeg
    1/2 t cinnamon
    6 small mackintosh apples, cored, pealed and thinly sliced

Now for the apples, you can really use any kind you want, big or small, as logn as they fill the pie haha.

1.In a large bowl mix together sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
    2. Add apples and toss until apples are evenly coated.
    3.Place in a pie pan line with crust.

CRUMB TOPPING
    1C flour
    1/2 brown sugar
    1/2 C Butter (a whole stick)

1.In a medium bowl mix together flour and brown sugar. Cut-in butter until crumbly.
    2.Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over mixture
    3.bake in a preheated oven at 425 F for about 45 minutes.

Depending how you like your pie- you can put aluminum foil at the last 10 minutes fof the baking on top of the pie.

This is so easy and very good.

This is very fatting but you won't c care once you taste it :D

Hope you enjoy!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Thanks that is basically how I make mine but never had a recipe
    Now I do :)
    I like spicy deep dish apple pie.
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Oct 6, 2007, 10:38 AM
    No probleem.
    :D

OHh really? What makes it spicy? Haha that sounds interesting.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Here's a really good Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Recipe;

50 vanilla wafer cookies
    1/2 c walnuts
    1/4 c butter, melted
    2 tbsp maple syrup
    1 quart french vanilla ice cream, softened
    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 c canned pumpkin purée
    3/4 c heavy cream
    2 tbsp granulated sugar

4 tbsp shortening
    2/3 c semisweet chocolate chips

Blend vanilla wafers and walnuts into crumbs in a food processor. Transfer into a 9 inch pie plate. Mix in the butter and maple syrup. Using a fork, press firmly onto the bottom and up sides of plate to make the crust. Chill 15 minutes in the freezer.
    In bowl blend the french vanilla ice cream, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Spoon into the pie crust, Smooth top with spatula, Chill 1 hour in freezer, till firm.

Before serving the pie, place the heavy cream and granulated sugar in a bowl, mix with mixer on high speed till peaks form. Spoon into a pastry bag, using a star tip and pipe around the edge of the pie.
    In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt shortening and chocolate chips, stirring, till smooth, transfel to a small container, Plastic, and chill for 30 minutes in the freezer, till firm. Remove the chocolate from container, using a veggie peeler, scrape the chocolate to form small curls, use the curls to decorate the pie.

When you want something that is traditional yet different, this is the pie to try, it's a pumpkin pie, with a cookie crust and served with whipped cream and chocolate curls, it's so delicious, and worth trying!! Trust me.
    patricemichellei Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Easy and addictive, I got this one from my friend.
    It's a dip that's great with Ritz Crackers and always gets eaten up at parties.

-cream cheese
    -crushed pineapple
    -powdered sugar

Mix to taste and dip away!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Delicious Spam Dip

Pickles
    Onions
    Celery
    Garlic
    One, and only one caper (too strong if you use more)
    Liberal shake of hot mustard
    2 cans of regular Spam (a tastie canned meat product) Do not use treat!

Throw it all in the food processor and grind it to a pinkish paste. If you don't have a food processor, throw it in a gunny sack and run over it with large American automobile, preferably a Caddie.

Spread on anything edible. Enjoy!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Yummmm
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 06:11 AM
    This is a chocolate delite that my mother in law does... and it's great! Put it in a good size glass bowl.
    Make a tray of brownies, cut up in 1" blocks
    1 large Heath candy bar, broke up
    Chocolate pudding (2 boxes)
    Top with ccol whip or whip cream

Place cut up brownies on the bottom of bowl, use as many will fill bottom top with heath bar crumbles. Add pudding and top with cool whip. Place in fridge for at least 1 hr.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 06:15 AM
    NOw that actually does sound yummy!!
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Cheese cake

3/4 c butter
    All purpose flour
    Sugar
    3 egg yolks
    Grated peel of 2 lemons
    5 - 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese
    5 eggs
    1/4 c heavy whipping cream
    1 tbsp. grated orange peel
    1/4 tsp.salt
    1 cup sour cream fpr garnish-Optional
    Can of cherries
    In small bowl, low speed mixer, beat butter, 1 1/4 c flour, 1/4 c sugar, 1 egg yolk, and half a lemon peel till dough is mixed. Refrigerate covered for 1 hr. Preheat oven to 400degree, press 1/3 ofdough into bottom of a 10 " springform pan, bake 8 minutes, cool. Turn oven to 475 degrees in bowl mix cream cheese till smooth, slowly beat in 1 3/4 c sugar till smooth, beat in 3 tbsp flour and remaining ingredients except sour cream, at high speed for 5 minutes. Press rest of dough around sides of pan to within 1", do not bake dough, Pour cheese mix into pan bake 12 minutes, turn oven to 300 degrees bake 35 minutes, turn oven off leave in oven 30 minutes, remove, cool in pan, chill, spread sour cream over cooled cheese cake with cherries.
    seradee Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Dec 15, 2007, 02:04 AM
    Sorry! Major mishap--anyway my sisters recipie---very easy---pick up a package of pork carnitas,(pork shoulder trimmins great buy too!) One package carnitas,one can cola, one16-18 0z carton real orange juice,one can evaporated milk,and one cup water. Salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil, and then simmer until tender. You may have to add more water as it cooks because the pork needs to stay coverd.I know it sounds weird and it looks really horrible as it is cooking--but it turns out perfect every time and all you need to eat with it are some warm corn tortillas. It is good with potatoes and carrots too.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Just an update on my cola ham that I will be doing for christmas day instead of cola I will be using ginger beer exactly the same method except when the liquid gets low add some chopped stemed ginger and leave to reduce and you end up with a lovely sticky ginger glaze for the ham too.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Hey, Why Not Cola Spam!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Im not to sure that would work Mag hehehehe
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KMSRyana
    Here's one of my favorites... it's fast, easy, and quite tasty. Sorry for the lack of conversion for those who need them...

Pollo Picata (Chicken Picata)

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4 tablespoons olive oil
    2 large lemons
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 8oz jar of artichoke hearts
    8-10 cloves of garlic, minced
    1/2 cup white wine (I prefer a dry one with this recipe)
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup capers
    3-4" deep skillet with cover

Cooking:

Pound chicken breasts flat to about 1/4" thick with a meat mallet or wood mallet, I like to put them in celophane (sp?) and pound them flat starting from the middle of the breast working out to the edges to avoid splitting. Brown the breasts in a skillet using 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat, about 3 minutes each side, remove breasts and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and put remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet, adding onion and garlic, stir and cook until onions are translucent. Squeeze in juice from one lemon and add artichoke hearts and stir until it returns to a sizzle. Add wine, water, and squeeze in the juice from the other lemon, bring to a low boil. Add chicken to the skillet and cover with capers. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let simmer for 6-7 minutes. Remove chicken and serve by spooning the sauce over the chicken. Excellent with steamed spinach and linguine as side dishes.
    WOW. I tried this and is it ever so good. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
    This was so great, everyone loved it, what a treat, great flavors, I was getting sick of ordinary chicken, I eat a lot of it! Thanks!
    ConfusedinSC Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Coca Cola is great on game too. But, speaking of game... If you haven't tried buffalo you don't know what you are missing. Add some Inglehoffer's stone ground mustard, caramelized onions and crumbled gorgonzola cheese to any buffalo product... and I don't mean the city... and you got good eats!
    ConfusedinSC Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seradee
    Sorry! major mishap--anyway my sisters recipie---very easy---pick up a package of pork carnitas,(pork shoulder trimmins great buy too!) One package carnitas,one can cola, one16-18 0z carton real orange juice,one can evaporated milk,and one cup water. Salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil, and then simmer until tender. You may have to add more water as it cooks because the pork needs to stay coverd.I know it sounds weird and it looks really horrible as it is cooking--but it turns out perfect every time and all you need to eat with it are some warm corn tortillas. it is good with potatos and carrots too.
    I love carnitas, but it's not carnitas to me unless you serve it with tomatillo sauce... it just makes it! It's a green salsa made with tomatillos, a little jalapeño, garlic, onion and cilantro puréed together and finished with fresh lime juice. Salt TT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recipe Swap! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... I was just wondering if you would like to share your most loved recipe? I thought with people from all over the world, it might be nice to get some new ideas. It can be a main dish, dessert, salad, appetizer or whatever. Anyone? ;) I will have to decide on mine and then come...

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

Looking for your best FUDGE recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have a really "great" recipe for fudge? Not the kind you have to use a candy thermometer with, more of a easier one. I'd like to make some for Christmas gift giving, one you have tasted and know its great. Thanks :)

Bero recipe [ 14 Answers ]

I'd like to make flapjacks with cornflakes instead of oats. Somebody told me the recipe is in a Bero cookbook. Can any of you help me? Wildflower

View more questions Search