Ask
    shaybuttayello Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Want to drop charges of an ex-boyfriend
    How can I drop the charges of my ex-boyfriend
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 02:21 PM

You didn't place the charges. You filed a complaint. The Police and D/A took it from there. You can't drop the charges because you didn't file them.

You are just a witness at this point.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 05:51 PM

Yes, as a police officer I am glad to say you can not just "drop charges" since you are not saying he did not do it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is on parole ,he beat me up and I pressed charges against him. [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend was 15 years in jail and is now on parole for 3.Couple days ago he got jelaous over my kids father and he beat me up .He hit me on my head many times,violently shook me ,pulled a lot of my hair,kick me to the wall.He Threatened to kill me ,dragged to the bathroom turn on the water so...

Can old evidence be used for new charges when the original charges were dismissed [ 5 Answers ]

Charges were dismissed because evidence for the charges was false. Can new charges alleging a different related crime be filed using the old evidence?

How do I defend my boyfriend for statutory rape charges? [ 17 Answers ]

Wikipedia states. The original purpose of statutory rape laws was to protect young, unwed females from males who might take their virginity, impregnate them, and not take responsibility by marrying them. I am 17 years old, 18 in 6 months, my boyfriend of 8 months is 31, in short we were led to...

Drop abandonment charges [ 2 Answers ]

Im in the army and I was on leave and my wife left me with my 16month daughter so I called the police to see if they seen her tell her to get in touch wel they put on the report child abandonment well she came back and she is seeing a doctor about her issues with the stress of our life and things...

Drop Charges in FL [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! New here, I recently went through some things with my now ex. I had an injunction taken out, filed charges to be picked up by the state, etc. We have talked over the phone, just tonight, and want to stop going after each other, we agree that it is over completely, but I am pregnant and don't...

View more questions Search